Job Seeker: Do you enjoy working on a team as a materials handler? Do you enjoy solving problems using prioritization, process planning and establishing a workflow? Are you inspired to perform the duties of a Page, but also be a leader working directly with other Pages by setting daily priorities and initiating best practices? If you are a creative problem solver with organizational skills, then this full time position may be the job for you!
- Be a leader among the Pages, train and work collaboratively with fellow Pages - your efforts impact how easily our patrons find items on library shelves.
- Help with overseeing the daily shelving work of volunteers.
- Help determine daily priorities and recommend best practices for materials processing and back room functions of the library. We circulate over 7 million items each year!
- Be ready for the physicality of the position - sort, shelve, and organize materials with frequent standing, lifting, carrying, kneeling, and reaching.
- Assist Operations Supervisor with scheduling.
- Provides exceptional customer service by being welcoming and friendly.
- Assists patrons by answering directional questions and locating materials.
- Occasionally help patrons at the self-check.
- Troubleshoots equipment to ensure it operates correctly.
- Be an active participant in staff meetings and required trainings.
- Position must comply with laws governing patron privacy and confidentiality under CRS24-90-119, and the Code of Ethics of the American Library Association, as well as ADA governing public access to space and technology.
- Persons hired in this position must be able to perform all the essential tasks required by the position. The above statements are illustrative of the essential functions of the job and do not include other nonessential or peripheral duties that may be required. JCPL retains the right to modify or change the duties or essential and additional functions of the job at any time without notice.
Additional Info & Requirements
- Four years of high school education or equivalency.
- One year of customer service experience preferred, public library experience a plus.
- Intermediate reading skills as required for the position.
- Basic computer and technical skills as required for the position.
- Ability to stand, bend, crouch, stretch, and push book carts in this physical job.
- Ability to exert 20-50 lbs. occasionally, 10-25 lbs. frequently, or up to 10 lbs. constantly.
- Available to work days, some evenings and weekends, and holidays as required.
- Attend required trainings.
- Offer of employment contingent on criminal background check.
Jefferson County Public Library will always be here to connect you to the people, ideas and inspiration for whatever's next in life. Define your destination, and we'll help you get there. So you can always be learning. Always be creating. And always be discovering something new.
We help to build an educated and vibrant community by providing equal access to information and opportunities.
We will be the essential destination where all generations connect, discover, and create.
We serve with care; everyone is welcome here. We meet you where you are, give you our full attention, and strive to exceed your expectations.
Our core values are Innovation, Accountability, and Excellence.
Jefferson County Public Library offers great benefits: Generous paid time off and paid holidays, flexible schedules to assist in your work/life balance, various benefit and wellness opportunities helping you maintain a healthy lifestyle, a tuition reimbursement program and trainings for personal and professional growth. Learn more about Employee Benefits!
The Columbine Library, located in southern Jefferson County, is a family-friendly location where kids, teens, adults and seniors have fun learning and making connections. Columbine Library offers Cuentacuentos - storytimes in Spanish - and contains a Makerspace showcasing activities such as robotics and craftworks.
Watch a video about the Library's role in the community! (Right click and open in a new tab)
Human Resources / Job Listings