The Bozeman Public Library is seeking a part-time Programming and Outreach Librarian who is passionate about engaging patrons from all backgrounds. The primary focus of this position is in health and wellness programming and requires a strong interest in healthy community initiatives. The ideal candidate has a sense of community, a sense of humor, and a positive and enthusiastic approach to providing library services.
Wage/Salary: $22.1057 - $26.0067/hour
Bargaining Unit: Montana Federation of Public Employees (MFPE)
Fair Labor Standards Act Status: Non-Exempt
Work Week: 20 hrs./wk. – Hours: Wednesday 10am-7pm, Friday 2pm-6pm, Saturday 8am-5pm
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
• Master’s Degree in Library Information Science (required); and
• At least 1-3 years library operations experience; OR
• Any combination of experience and training which provides the equivalent scope of knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to perform the work.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
• Knowledge of current standard library practices;
• Strong technology skills;
• Ability and skills necessary to work effectively as part of a team toward the achievement of common goals and objectives;
• Ability to develop strong interactive community relationships and programs that reflect community interests and goals;
• Ability to communicate effectively and deal tactfully and courteously with the public;
• Excellent customer service skills.
REQUIRED SPECIAL QUALIFICATIONS
• Offers for employment are conditional upon satisfactory response to a thorough reference and criminal background checks;
• Will be required to obtain a Community Health Information Specialization certification (CHIS) within six months of employment (the library will assist you with this.)
Additional Info & Requirements
As a City of Bozeman employee, you will be part of a team that is committed to impacting and serving the community. This great opportunity also provides enrollment in an established retirement system with significant employer contribution, generous vacation and sick time accruals, and excellent medical, dental and vision benefits! Part-time benefits are provided at a 50% subsidy from the City.
External Job Ad
For more information and to apply, please go to www.bozeman.net/jobs