California State University, Sacramento - University Library
The Sacramento State University Library is seeking a creative, service-oriented individual to help us build and later maintain our new makerspace. We are in the process of transforming a space in the library into a state-of-the-art experiential learning facility, which will be used by constituents across the campus to support innovative curricula and instruction. This position will be responsible for moderating use of the space, ordering and maintaining equipment, and supporting project needs of our users. The position will contribute substantially to planning our makerspace program and to developing the space, in conjunction with other campus units, into a vital learning resource. The ideal candidate will be a crafting and tech enthusiast who takes a hands-on approach to creation, exploration, and teaching others.
Collaborating with departmental staff and other colleagues, the Makerspace Instructional Support Technician II will assist patrons in the the use of tools and equipment, conduct workshops, maintain and repair equipment, hire, train and supervise student assistants, promote and perform outreach for the makerspace program, and work with faculty to support instructional needs.
Diversity, equity, and inclusion are core tenants in defining success in this space. Representing a multidisciplinary practice, the Makerspace Instructional Support Technician II is responsible for building a welcoming environment in a diverse campus community where all are welcome as makers and constructors of knowledge.
The Makerspace Instructional Support Technician II will coordinate extensively with faculty from other departments. The incumbent will play a major role in supporting the College of Education’s Maker Education certificate program.
Visit https://csus.peopleadmin.com/postings/4725 for a complete position description and to apply. We are accepting applications until December 11th.
Additional Info & Requirements
1. Knowledge of maker and crafting practices.
2. Ability to problem-solve and troubleshoot technology issues.
3. Ability to supervise and coordinate the work of others.
4. Ability to identify equipment issues and apply repairs.
5. Ability to develop collaborative working relationship with various constituents.
6. Good communication skills (written and verbal)
7. Ability to record and evaluate program metrics and outcomes.
8. Ability to work and thrive in a diverse environment.
9. Experience designing, implementing, and evaluating services in makerspaces or other experiential learning environments.
10. Experience using media and maker technologies with an emphasis on digital fabrication, media production, and/or virtual reality.
11. Experience with crafting, woodworking, textile design, and/or intermediate electronics (circuit boards, Arduinos/Raspberry Pi, IoT devices, etc.)
12. Ability to deliver training and instruction to users of differing experience levels and cultural backgrounds.
13. Experience working with educators to design, deliver, and assess experiential learning activities.
14. Experience performing outreach activities to promote a program or service.
Sacramento State Employment Services