Are you passionate about empowering the community with technology? Are you excited about advances in tech such as 3-D printing and virtual reality? Do you enjoy teaching people to learn more about digital technology? This is the job for you!
Arapahoe Libraries offers services that embrace the constant change in our patrons' use of technology. As a tech specialist, you will get to work with patrons with all levels of tech needs and help them grow their knowledge of technology. It is an exciting time to work at the library and if you are up to the challenge, apply today!
Role: Assists staff and patrons in the use of the library by delivering outstanding and personalized service and training in technology services.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
90% PATRON ASSISTANCE WITH TECHNOLOGY
- Responsible for all duties necessary to provide advanced patron support of the library's technology services, tools and content
- Promotes use of technology services and provides technological troubleshooting
- Assists patrons with mobile devices, computers, home use gadgets, software, Internet resources, and social networking
- Promotes digital literacy and the responsible and safe use of technology
- Provides advanced tech assistance to patrons through posted desk hours as a walk-in service.
- Serves as top tier patron technology assistance, answering elevated queries and issues
- Communicates via email with patrons, manages 3D print services and printers (full training will be provided)
- On-desk time includes email, procedural tasks, and other duties as assigned
5% STAFF MENTORING AND ASSISTANCE
- Takes initiative in educating library staff on tech issues through informal on-the-job training, chat help, and scheduled tech refreshers
5% EMERGING TRENDS
- Keeps knowledge up to date via self-directed learning based on patron questions and supervisor suggestions
- Identifies emerging technological trends of our patrons based on their interactions and articulates those needs to senior management
- Understanding of user experience (UX) in order to articulate strengths and weaknesses of our current experiences offered to patrons
Additional Info & Requirements
Minimum of six months experience teaching technology, conducting technology demonstrations, or building and repairing technology, required.
Minimum of six months customer service or teaching experience, required.
Bachelor's degree, preferred.
Ability to work varying shifts, including evenings and weekends, required.
Ability to work in multiple facilities and have a flexible work schedule. The bulk of time for this position will be spent in public library service areas throughout the district.
Knowledge of informational databases, preferred.
Intermediate technology skills for Windows, Word, Excel and Outlook, required.
Intermediate skills in Sierra, preferred.
Ability to be mobile 100% of the time.
Intermediate knowledge of social networking.
Intermediate understanding of troubleshooting theory and methodology.
Advanced understanding of home use gadgets including TVs, streaming appliances, digital cameras, tablets, and laptops, required.
Intermediate knowledge of one or more of the following tech focuses, required: website creation, blogging, social media marketing, online communities, media digitization, 3D printing and design, computer building and repair, computer programming, app development, assistive technology, data visualization, coding, robotics, electronics/circuitry, Raspberry Pi and microcontrollers, photography, videography, audio production, graphic design, digital artwork
Intermediate understanding of disruptive technology and technological advances such as wearable technology/sensors, 3D printing, and drones.
Intermediate understanding of Internet security and privacy issues.
Intermediate understanding of basic computer upkeep and maintenance.
Willingness to learn on the spot in front of people and to continually learn new things on the job.
Ability to communicate new ideas, products and services in a positive and engaging manner.
Enthusiasm for an environment of constant change.
Ability and eagerness to participate in all steps of an experimentation process; setup, implementation, feedback and data collection, refinement, and assessment.
Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
Ability to focus on the customer, show integrity, be inclusive, enjoy learning and have fun.
Ability to successfully work with varying demographics, required.
Understanding of different methods to purchase/checkout content both at the library and online.
Ability to exercise confidence and excitement in the vast technological and online resources the Library District has available.
Passionate about the mission of public libraries. Comfortable with the principles of intellectual freedom.
Ability to adhere to ALD's Core Competencies including dedication to providing courageous leadership, outstanding customer service, professionalism, communication, adaptability, accountability, delivering very important patron experiences, surprise and delight, making every experience matter, and striving for simplicity.
- Recognizes and acts by giving positive respect, responses, and support to all.
- Committed to provide outstanding and personalized customer service to patrons, coworkers and customers.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external customers, and gain their trust and respect.
- Display professionalism in dress and demeanor, both internally and externally.
- Respond to change with a positive attitude and a willingness to learn new ways.
- Ability to hold themselves responsible in all work assignments and interactions.
- Take personal ownership in the organizations success.
- Ability to clearly convey and receive information and ideas through a variety of formats and communicate to others in a manner that engages the listener.
Inclusion and diversity are part of our values at Arapahoe Libraries. Qualified applicants who represent the diversities of the communities we serve are encouraged to apply.
Established in 1966, the Arapahoe Library District serves more than 200,000 residents living in Arapahoe County. Arapahoe County and other major suburban counties make up the greater metropolitan area surrounding Denver, Colorado. The Arapahoe Library District operates eight branch libraries, including mobile library services, and a library at the County Detention Center, funded by the Arapahoe County Sheriff's Department. A seven-member Board of Trustees sets the library budget and determines policy.
External Job Ad
APPLY ONLINE at http://arapahoelibraries.applicantpro.com/jobs/ and select the position you are interested in. Click on “Apply Now” and create a login that will allow you to submit interest for any open position. You may also attach a resum