Job description & Application: https://jobs.miamioh.edu/cw/en-us/job/4 ... -librarian
Job Summary: Miami University Libraries seeks an innovative, tech-savvy, and detail-oriented colleague for the role of Electronic Resources Librarian in the Access & Borrow Department (A&B). The position will provide leadership for electronic and continuing resources. This is an opportunity to reinvent and rebuild Electronic Resources Management services and tasks to maximize departmental resources. In conjunction with subject librarians, Strategic Procurement, and the Office of the General Counsel, the Electronic Resources Librarian will provide leadership in reviewing and negotiating digital resources licenses to ensure compliance with established federal and state guidelines, including copyright and accessibility. Other responsibilities include overseeing e-resource lifecycles, record batchloads, usage data collection and analysis, and coordinating serials review.
The new hire will administer a 3.5 million dollar budget, have primary oversight over electronic resource and serial workflows, supervise two classified staff, and contribute to libraries’ instruction and training programs. The position carries responsibilities for scholarly activities and professional service for promotion and continuing contract. The new hire reports to the A&B Department Head. A&B provides the materials (physical, virtual, and spatial) which fuel learning. The department combines technical services (acquisitions, cataloging, serials, e-resources, discovery) and access services (circulation, reserves, document delivery).
- Master's degree from an ALA-accredited program or non-U.S. equivalent
- Demonstrated ability to negotiate or edit licenses
- Demonstrated expertise in managing the complete life cycle of continuing and electronic resources
- Proven ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a complex changing environment and complete tasks according to an established timeframe
- Demonstrated ability to perform accurate and detail-oriented work, including strong analytical and problem solving skills and use of data to make analysis-driven decisions
- Proven communication and interpersonal skills evidenced by the ability to work cooperatively and maintain effective working relationships with vendors, colleagues, faculty, students, and staff
- Knowledge of cataloging processes and techniques, and familiarity with basic cataloging standards, including RDA, Library of Congress Subject Heading practice, Library of Congress and Dewey Decimal Classification systems, and MARC21 specifically related to electronic and serial formats
- Commitment to participate in appropriate professional service and conduct research and scholarship, demonstrating ability to meet the Libraries’ promotion and continuing contract requirements (see http://www.lib.miamioh.edu/about/larps.pdf)
- This position is available to persons who are currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time and indefinite basis. (Persons authorized to work on such a basis include US citizens, lawful permanent residents (“green card” holders), asylees, refugees, and temporary residents under IRCA.)
- Appointment at the rank of Assistant or Associate Librarian dependent upon qualifications
- Experience with III Sierra, Ebsco Discovery Service, EZ Proxy, Ebsco Holdings Management, and Springshare
- Experience working in a library that is a member of a consortium
- Demonstrated ability to devise innovative and creative solutions to problems and take well-informed risks
- Familiarity with and interest in NASIG Core Competencies for Electronic Resources Librarians
Special Instructions to Applicants: Submit cover letter and resume. Direct inquiries to Donna Richardson at firstname.lastname@example.org.