The Roger Williams University School of Law seeks applications for the position of Temporary Reference Librarian. The Temporary Reference Librarian performs a variety of reference functions in support of the Law Library’s day-to-day operations including:
- provides primary Reference Desk coverage as well as "follow-up" research;
- provides assistance to faculty and students in the use of online research services, including Westlaw and LexisNexis; provides research services to law faculty and administration as needed; and
- performs reference and other projects as assigned by the Associate Law Librarian.
- A Juris Doctor degree from an ABA accredited law school preferred.
- A Master of Library Science degree or equivalent from an ALA accredited library school.
- Minimum one year law library experience.
- Legal bibliography course work may be substituted for law library experience.
- Knowledge of traditional and electronic legal resources and research techniques.
- Excellent legal research skills.
- Proficiency in LexisNexis and Westlaw searching.
- Ability to apply legal knowledge in performance of research duties.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong service orientation.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to interact with faculty, students, visitors and staff.
- Excellent computer skills required.
- Physical agility and strength to perform duties of Reference Librarian as described, under typical library conditions.
Additional Information: Roger Williams University is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer committed to inclusive excellence and encourages applications from underrepresented populations. For questions regarding this position, please contact Raquel Ortiz, Assistant Dean for Library & Information Services, email@example.com. The position reports to the Associate Law Librarian.
Application Instructions: To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to Raquel Ortiz, firstname.lastname@example.org.