The librarian works collaboratively with library staff to implement and develop library instruction, reference services, outreach, collection development, and other library activities.
- Support the library’s instruction program by leading instruction sessions and assisting in the development of new instruction.
- Provide traditional and electronic reference and research services to Casper College students, faculty, staff, and patrons
- Assist with outreach and communication of library services
- Be responsible for the collection development and management of one or more liaison subject areas.
- Depending on library needs, accept additional assignments relating to cataloging, electronic resource management, collection management/assessment, online reference, or any other assignments that support the library’s mission
- Work a schedule that may include nights or weekends
- Engage in creative, scholarly or service activities appropriate for a community college librarian and stay current in the field of librarianship
- Help maintain the library’s partnerships including the Wyoming community college libraries, the Wyoming State Library and the University of Wyoming at Casper
- Interact collegially with students, faculty, staff, community members and other library constituents
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Administration, Associate Vice President for Academic Affairs, or the Library Director
Typical work environment is an office setting requiring normal safety precautions. Interaction with the public will be required as the College Library is a public service. Short periods of time will be spent outdoors traveling between campus buildings in various weather conditions. Work is usually performed during the normal workday with a Tuesday through Saturday workweek. However, early morning; late evening and weekend work may be required during periods of critical attendance to meet the peak periods related to position responsibilities and requirements of the Casper College Library.
Employee is regularly required to sit and stand for long periods of time, speak, hear, use hands and fingers to handle materials and use a computer, feel, and reach with hands and arms. Occasional lifting of up to 25 pounds may be required. Less frequent lifting of up to 50 pounds may be required (office supplies, books, paper boxes, etc.).
- MLS or MLIS from an ALA-accredited institution, candidates with an anticipated graduate date prior to 7/1/20 may apply
- A commitment to continued growth and ongoing professional development
- Excellent oral, written, and listening communication skills
- College library experience
- Competence in library and classroom technologies
- Coursework or experience in reference, instruction, and collection development.
Additional Info & Requirements
Note to Candidates:
- First review February 4, 2020
- An instruction demonstration will be required at the time of the interview
- Employment contingent upon a successful background check
- This is a full-time, benefited position.
- Application, completed with 3 references
- Current resume or curriculum vitae and cover letter
- A brief “Philosophy of Librarianship” statement
- Copies of transcripts (official transcripts required upon employment)