SELECTION PROCESS: Position will remain open until filled with a priority deadline of January 6, 2020.
SALARY: High 40's annually
- Serves as a working member of the library team and the division of instruction. Collaborates with faculty and other staff to promote awareness of library materials, inform faculty about how to use library materials effectively in class assignments, and to develop imbedded library instruction within college coursework. Serves on relevant library and college committees.
- Participates with CHL staff in the development and implementation of strategic planning for library innovation.
- Develops, delivers and evaluates library-related instruction to contribute to the library’s instruction program and campus information literacy initiatives. This includes teaching bibliographic methods in a classroom environment
- Leadership may be required in one of the following areas: instruction, circulation, or technical services.
- Supports the daily operations of library circulation to include: assisting patrons with problems; compiling statistical reports; assisting in development of policies and procedures; and, overseeing inventory of books. Staffs the service desk serving community college and public patrons approximately 15-20 hours per week, which will include nights and weekends as assigned.
- Provides reference/research assistance to library patrons in a variety of formats.
- Provides technical assistance to library patrons in the use of library databases and equipment.
- Reviews order records on standing order/subscription information to and from vendors to ensure delivery; handles subscription extensions and refund requests; renews standing orders; reviews renewal lists.
- Maintains and oversees various computer databases.
- Oversees inventory of various library collections, materials, and equipment.
- Prepares or assists in the preparation of various reports, including monthly activity reports and the annual library expenditure report; makes recommendations as to what periodicals to order.
REQUIRED EDUCATION/TRAINING & WORK EXPERIENCE
- Master’s Degree in Library Science from and ALA accredited college/university.
- Customer service experience and knowledge of library procedures, applicable rules and regulations, library principles, cataloging and circulation principles, conducting research and reference material searches. Ability to work with a diverse college community.
PREFERRED EDUCATION/TRAINING & WORK EXPERIENCE
- One or more year of library experience.
- Experience presenting library instruction or delivering professional or academic presentations.
Who We Are
We are the largest community college in Colorado, enrolling close to 28,000 credit students annually. We were one of 30 colleges in the initial American Association of Community Colleges Pathways Project, recently selected as a “Most Promising Place to Work” in Diverse Magazine, and profiled as one of six top community colleges for transfer student success in a recent Aspen Institute publication. We have developed a strong strategic plan focused on improving student graduation and transfer rates and have made significant investments in advising and other student support programs.
We also have a strong commitment to inclusion, equity, and diversity. We are actively seeking to hire a workforce that matches our student community.
We are guided by the philosophy “One College, Many Communities.” Campuses share many common values, goals, and practices, but are also given the opportunity and flexibility to develop unique cultures and programs that serve individual communities. In addition, we have a clear vision outlined in its strategic plan. For more information, visit the following: www.frontrange.edu and VISION 2020.
Who You Are
You will be responsible for performing various duties related to the support of library patrons and to the active participation in improving the overall effectiveness and continuing innovation of library services. You will be responsible for working independently and within a team when required. It is expected that you will take a leadership role in one or more areas of our library services: instruction, reference, circulation, or technical services, and that the area you take leadership in may change. You may also act as a supervisor to student staff, as needed.
Vision 2020 contribution: The focus of this role is supporting student success and providing exceptional teaching to diverse learners and communities.