Sitting under a brightly colored mural on a comfy couch, you browse your kingdom of Young Adult Books you have lovingly collected for the library; you dream of ways of getting all these beautiful books into the hands of teens in our community, all the programs you can bring to life, and the lives that can be changed in Lake County.
If you’re intrigued...
We’re looking for a someone who can think big, think creatively, can stay up past 9pm and sees the world as their oyster...their Rocky Mountain Oyster that is! You are the MC for a night of fun at the library; this could mean you are Dungeon Master for a Dungeons and Dragons Tournament, you have cultivated a wide variety of foods from around the world to introduce, or you are hosting a Tri-Wizard Tournament. Bonus points if you have ever built a parade float!
If you’re even more intrigued…
Lake County Government in Leadville, CO is seeking a Young Adult Services Coordinator for Lake County Public Library. This full-time position provides leadership in library programming and outreach including selecting books, media, and other materials for the Young Adult collection and services for young adults of Lake County.
Essential Duties include:
Offering back-up support to others within the Library staff as needed.
Performing operational functions of the library such as circulation and reference services, shelving & shelf reading.
Exploring and creating engaging feedback from teens to develop activities and programming that best meet their needs.
Assisting with existing children’s and family programming (eg., storytime, bi-lingual storytime, movie nights, STEM programming)
Promoting collections, programs and services to young adults through a variety of media such as displays, readers’ advisory materials, social media, and flyers.
Researching and implementing innovative outreach and marketing to young adults in collaboration with schools, parent groups, and local organizations to market library services and resources.
Cultivating online and print collections; developing long-term collection development plan for the Young Adult collection, assisting Children’s Services Supervisor with other children’s collections as needed.
Creating, implementing and maintaining programs and services for ages 12-18, including establishing goals and priorities for young adult services.
Additional Info & Requirements
- Understands current computer technology and software (MS Office, GSuite, etc) and is proficient in social media.
- Keeps informed of trends in literature, library services and issues affecting young adults through research and professional development such as workshops, conferences, or online classes; be willing to travel to conferences and workshops (in-state and national).
- Some college education required. MLIS preferred.
- 1-2 years’ experience in a public service position and excellent customer service with a focus on youth and teens.
- Availability to work some evening and weekend hours as needed.
- 1-2 years’ experience developing programming, outreach and marketing plans.
- Bilingual (Spanish/English) preferred
- Must be able to exert moderate, though not constant physical effort, typically involving some combination of stooping, kneeling, crouching, and crawling.
- Must be able to lift, carry, push, and/or pull objects and materials of moderate weight up to 40 pounds.
- Must be able to perform eye and hand dexterity movements to operate office equipment and keyboarding
Tucked in the heart of the Rockies, Leadville is the highest incorporated town (10,152 feet!) in the continental United States. Its natural beauty offers access to outdoor recreation all year around - from backcounty skiing and groomed Nordic skiing trails to miles of hiking trails and lake and river fishing.
External Job Ad
All interested candidates submit your resume and cover letter to: HR@co.lake.co.us Attention: Library.
Lake County Government is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace the diversity of our workforce; therefore, all employment decisions are based on qualifications, merit, and business need.