Adult Programs Specialist (full-time, evenings and some weekends required)
Lucky you! You have the opportunity to work at one of the coolest libraries in one of the most amazing locations in the world! We are looking for a dynamic and enthusiastic individual to produce fresh and creative adult programming for the Telluride community here at our 5-Star library. The right candidate follows current library trends, is adept at various technologies, and is in tune with the needs of our diverse community. This person is organized, has great interpersonal skills and is excellent at multi-tasking and meeting deadlines. The ideal candidate is a self-motivator and has a slew of engaging programs ready to go that they can’t WAIT to lead here at our library. Must be available to work evenings and some weekends. So, what are you waiting for? Apply today!
To be considered, please submit an application, a letter of interest, and resume to: Jill Wilson, Public Services Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.
SEE FULL JOB DESCRIPTION AT https://www.telluridelibrary.org/employment/
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required
- Ability to represent the library in a professional manner; consistently demonstrates organization values and professional standards of conduct.
- Ability and willingness to work nights and weekends.
- Exhibit flexibility and a willingness to work in a dynamic, busy, and changing environment
- Ability to work with minimal supervision, establish and maintain priorities, meet deadlines, exercise initiative and make independent decisions.
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing
- Ability to work under stress and handle stressful situations; adapt to changing needs.
- Ability to establish a working relationship with co-workers, supervisor, and the public.
- Ability to coordinate and organize meetings and/or special events.
- Ability to stay abreast of the rapidly changing technological landscape; utilizes program hardware/software with ease and possesses the ability to demonstrate technology to patrons
- Skill in organizing resources and establishing priorities.
- Ability to gather and analyze statistical data and generate reports.
- Advanced writing and editorial skills.
- Knowledge of budget and cost control procedures.
- Takes pride in workplace and value of co-workers.
- Ability to use good judgment and tact.
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills and the ability to work with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community; Relates well to all kinds of people.
Telluride is tucked into a box canyon surrounded by 13,000 and 14,000-foot peaks. The town of Telluride is just eight blocks wide and twelve blocks long. What makes Telluride so unique is its tight-knit community, from community-focused parks and events to "The Free Box." Living here is an outdoor enthusiast's dream. There is a wide array of things to do in every season; from activities skiing, climbing, mountain biking, and hiking to team sports like softball, volleyball, hockey, and even curling. Locals sport the iconic, red "Came to Ski, Stayed for the Library" bumper sticker on their vehicles, which is true for many of the town's residents, as the library is truly a community hub of Telluride.
Even though we are a small town, there is no lack of arts and culture here. We have a variety of restaurants, art galleries, theaters for live music and plays, as well as an epic town park where popular Bluegrass, Jazz, Rock, and Blues musicians come to play. Telluride has all of the offerings of a big city, wrapped into a picturesque little mountain town.
Human Resources / Job Listings