The hiring range for this position is $65,158-$83,076.
Are you a leader in the digital creative community? Are you innovative, a master of technology, and a skilled educator? Are you able to interact and collaborate on a cross functional team who focuses on quality? If you have high level skills in implementing new and creative technology, this full time position, in our Information Technology division, may be the job for you!
- Responsible for deploying new innovative technologies and revitalizing current systems to Jefferson County library patrons, including planning the system, creating cost analyses, ordering supplies, coordinating with vendors and outside partners, working on or supervising the installment of components, scheduling tests of the system and creating training for patrons and front-line staff in support of the new technology.
- Partners with others to oversee and build a cohesive team environment with the technicians, library staff, volunteers, vendors, and outside instructors to create and promote innovation programming.
- Responsible for the coordination and development of programming and training of impacted public services staff.
- Conducts one-on-one and/or group classes using the tools, materials, and processes in the provided spaces and ad-hoc locations.
- Collaborates with library staff and outside partners on long-term projects at the library and within the community.
- Hires, assigns, trains, directs and supervises the division staff as well as temporary staff, volunteers and interns in area of responsibility.
- Collaborates with public services and training teams to creating department application and systems standards, maintenance procedures, and operational procedures.
- Report to the IT Services Manager.
- Position must comply with laws governing patron privacy and confidentiality under CRS24-90-119, and the Code of Ethics of the American Library Association, as well as ADA governing public access to space and technology.
- Persons hired in this position must be able to perform all the essential tasks required by the position. The above statements are illustrative of the essential functions of the job and do not include other nonessential or peripheral duties that may be required. JCPL retains the right to modify or change the duties or essential and additional functions of the job at any time without notice.
Additional Info & Requirements
|Bachelor's degree in digital media, educational/creative technology, emergent digital practices, art and technology, or related field or equivalent education and related work experience.|
Minimum of three years of related experience including two years of supervision.
Position requires advanced skills and knowledge in approaches and systems, which affect the design and implementation of major programs, solutions for highly complex issues, and/or processes organization-wide.
Intermediate reading, writing, and math skills required.
Valid Colorado Driver's License required.
ITIL Foundations Certification preferred.
Bilingual in English/Spanish preferred.
|Must be available to work days, some evenings, weekends or holidays as required.|
Offer of employment contingent on criminal history check, motor vehicle record check and education verification.
Jefferson County Public Library will always be here to connect you to the people, ideas and inspiration for whatever's next in life. Define your destination, and we'll help you get there. So you can always be learning. Always be creating. And always be discovering something new.
We help to build an educated and vibrant community by providing equal access to information and opportunities.
We will be the essential destination where all generations connect, discover, and create.
We serve with care; everyone is welcome here. We meet you where you are, give you our full attention, and strive to exceed your expectations.
Our core values are Innovation, Accountability, and Excellence.
Jefferson County Public Library offers great benefits: Generous paid time off and paid holidays, flexibility to assist in your work/life balance, various benefit and wellness opportunities helping you maintain a healthy lifestyle, a tuition reimbursement program and trainings for personal and professional growth. Learn more about Employee Benefits!
Watch a video about the Library's role in the community!
Human Resources / Job Listings