We have big shoes to fill at Ocean State Libraries! As we prepare to say farewell to our amazing Technology Coordinator, we must begin our search for the next member of our family.
Ocean State Libraries (OSL) is a consortium of Rhode Island’s 48 public libraries, St. George’s School and the Office of Library & Information Services. OSL coordinates a statewide library catalog of library materials, digital content and future-ready technology services for its member libraries so they may better serve their patrons and communities. With a headquarters currently located in Warwick, Rhode Island, OSL staff work in the office, on site at member libraries and on site with consortium partners to deliver outstanding service to Rhode Island libraries.
OSL is an equal opportunity employer.
Ten staff members support the consortium working closely as a team. OSL staff are:
- Dedicated and responsive to member needs.
- Knowledgeable about OSL products and services and about library technology trends.
- Entrepreneurial and innovative, working both independently and as a team to solve problems and to explore the future.
- Valued by their colleagues throughout the consortium.
The Technology Coordinator is an important member of this team, providing technology support, training and leadership.
The Technology Coordinator:
- Delivers member training and support for OSL-supported technology equipment and resources.
- Supports office and staff technology equipment and resources.
- Provides technology leadership to the consortium and to member libraries, monitoring and advising members and OSL staff on new and emerging products and services.
- Negotiates discounts and coordinate member purchases of technology equipment and resources.
- Actively seeks and participates in ongoing professional development opportunities to maintain skills and to keep up with trends.
- Experience supporting technology in a library, library consortium or nonprofit setting including desktop support.
- Experience installing equipment and software in member or customer sites.
- Customer Focus: Builds and maintains effective relationships with members, staff and other stakeholders.
- Consultative & Collaborative: Is a knowledgeable resource for others, willingly shares knowledge and offers expert advice. Actively enlists the participation of others and works collaboratively in the analysis of information and the development of possible solutions.
- Innovation and Problem Solving: Demonstrates a flexible style, is open and receptive to change. Generates new ideas and approaches in order to enhance the existing systems, process, services or effectiveness.
- Technology leadership experience.
- Technology training experience.
- Experience managing technology products and resources currently in use by OSL including imaging systems for deployment, Dell computers and servers, Office 365 and VMware and virtual servers.
- Related technology education, training or certifications.
- Applications due: January 28
- Telephone interviews: week of February 3
- In-person interviews: week of February 10
- Start date: March 30
The March 30 start date is to allow for a one week overlap with the current Technology Coordinator for training.
This position is non-exempt from the wage and overtime provisions of the Federal Fair Labor Standards Act.
Hiring Range: $60,000 - $75,000
OSL full time staff work 37.5 hours per week and receive 4 weeks of vacation leave, 2 personal days, 13 sick days and 13 paid holidays each year.
OSL staff members receive a benefits package that includes health insurance, dental insurance, life insurance and a retirement plan via TIAA with employer matching.
Send a cover letter, resume and contact information for three professional references to email@example.com. In your cover letter, please highlight your history of dedicated service and your entrepreneurial spirit.