Are you looking for an HR job with a progressive organization? Be part of a transformational library committed to connecting the community to new and creative resources in meaningful ways.
This HR Manager position:
- Plans and oversees District-wide human resource services and provides guidance to all levels of management and employees on human resource matters.
- Determines and implements personnel programs, policies and processes and conducts short and long-term planning personnel planning in support of the District's strategic plan.
- Is responsible for employee benefits and compensation, personnel issues, recruitment and selection, risk management, safety, training, worker’s compensation, FMLA, ADA, and Title VII.
- Consults with managers and supervisors during the performance review and disciplinary processes.
- Conducts employee complaint investigations and partners with legal counsel and director on resolutions.
Experience: 5 years of Human Resource experience in a generalist capacity or equivalent experience working in various HR roles.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business, or equivalent education or experience.
Preferred Qualifications: Master’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, Public Administration or related degree and a Professional Human Resource (PHR), Senior Professional Human Resource (SPHR), SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP Certification, or equivalent recognized HR certification. At least 1 year of previous supervisory experience.
Additional Info & Requirements
Benefits: Eligible for a competitive benefits package including generous paid time-off, PERSI, 457b deferred compensation plan, and 100% employer paid monthly health insurance premium for employee medical, dental, and vision coverage with the option to add dependents and spouse at reasonable, low cost rates. For a full description of the benefits associated with this position, download the PDF here.
About Our Community and Library: Meridian, Idaho is a great and safe place to raise a family and has easy access to a variety of outdoor recreational activities. Meridian Library District is a 2019 recipient of the National Medal for Museum and Library Service and the GFOA’s Distinguished Budget Presentation Award.
Human Resources / Job Listings
Human Resources Department
Phone: 208-472-1754 or TXT 208-789-0969