Provide the full range of library commons services from the research desk (RHub) during night, weekend, and some daytime hours.
Generally up to 20 hours per week, with both fixed weekly hours of Thursday 2 p.m. -10 p.m. and Saturday 9 a.m. – 5 p.m., with flexibility for up to an additional 10 hours per week to fulfill department’s greatest needs.
1. Provide the full range of library commons services, including reference/research services and productivity services (computer hardware, software, digitization services, etc.), including collaboration with other professional, paraprofessional/support and student staff.
2. Assist College students, faculty, and staff, and administrators, as well as members of the local community, in identifying and using the library=s print and electronic resources, both in person and over the phone; assist patrons in using and evaluating online sources, especially the library’s electronic databases and Internet resources. Provide reference service via both virtual- and e-mail reference and at services desks, elsewhere in the library, and on campus; instruct patrons in using library computers and perform basic troubleshooting.
3. Teach library instruction classes. Working with the Reference/Instruction Librarian, communicate with faculty about their instructional needs; prepare handouts and other instructional materials; teach classes; evaluate effectiveness of instruction.
4. Assist in updating/maintaining the library’s Web pages, in consultation with the Web Services Coordinator.
1. Participate in developing the print and electronic reference collection, including weeding and recommending titles for purchase.
2. Incumbent consults with the Library Commons Librarian – Technology & Access (and others) re: the necessity of closing the library due to inclement weather.
3. Perform all other duties as may be required.
|Education and Experience Required||• Master of Library Science degree or equivalent from an American Library Association-accredited institution required and/or combination of education and experience. |
• Experience in the following areas preferred: academic library; HELIN and/or Innovative Interfaces, Inc., system; computer hardware and software.
External Job Ad
Human Resources / Job Listings