Teton County Library in Jackson, Wyoming seeks a Youth Services Manager to lead and manage Youth Services collections, resources, services, partnerships, programs, activities and a staff of five. Teton County Library's Youth Services provides a diverse collection of nearly 12,000 youth and young adult materials, weekly early literacy programming from birth to age 5, daily afterschool activities, year-round special programming including annual author visits, monthly teen nights and outreach in the Teton County, Wyoming community. Teton County Library is a certified Family Place Library.
The Youth Services Manager provides expert professional guidance on youth services and articulates an inspiring vision to achieve the Library’s goals and objectives. The ideal candidate is collaborative and demonstrates excellent customer services skills, develops effective work teams, and communicates effectively with youth, parents, patrons and staff. The position serves on the library's management team.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manages the Library programs for Youth Services, including informational, instructional, recreational, and research programs and projects; plans, develops, and organizes special outreach and promotional programs and activities; assures activities are in compliance with all laws, policies, and regulations.
- Manages library staff; plans, prioritizes, and assigns tasks and projects; instructs and trains staff, monitors work, develops staff skills, and evaluates performance; analyzes workload trends, and implements staffing and assignment adjustments; monitors workflow and the quality of services provided.
- Oversees Library youth collections through selection recommendations, regular weeding, and replacement; reviews and evaluates current collection and recommends the removal of books and other resources that are no longer appropriate for the collection, and recommends additions to the Library collections.
- Meets regularly with Library managers and senior staff to discuss and resolve service improvements, training and technical issues, policy and process improvements, resource allocation, community engagement, and priorities.
- Provides technical and professional assistance to library patrons, and teaches the use of library resources and equipment; assists with researching complex and difficult queries.
- Plans, promotes, presents, and evaluates dynamic programs and events in the Library and the community to assist youth patrons, promote Library services, and encourage literacy.
- Provides customer service to library patrons; resolves customer service issues; interprets and explains library policies, procedures, rules, and regulations to staff and patrons.
- Circulates materials and coordinates patron services; processes book and media requests; researches multiple databases to determine availability of items and correct source of borrowing; administers checking in and out procedures for Library materials; creates new patron records.
- Compiles data, and prepares statistical and analytical reports of Library activities and operations; monitors library financial and resource information; develops and manages budgets.
- Promotes Library programs and services to local community agencies, advocates, and citizen groups.
- Supports the relationship between the library staff and the general public by demonstrating courteous and cooperative behavior when interacting with visitors and library staff; maintains confidentiality of work-related issues and library information; performs other duties as required or assigned.
Additional Info & Requirements
Master’s Degree in Library and Information Science, and 4 years professional librarian experience, including supervisory and program management experience.
External Job Ad