The Mobile Services Supervisor will oversee the coordination, supervision, and scheduling of the bookmobile and mobile services. The Mobile Services Supervisor supervises and coordinates the activities of paraprofessional mobile services staff.
Mobile Services includes the bookmobile, programming outside of the Windsor-Severance Library building, school and classroom visits within the Weld RE-4 School District, and events hosted by Clearview Library District or outside organizations where the library is present.
The Mobile Services Supervisor reports to and takes direction from the Public Services Manager, uses independent judgment to develop and implement improvements for mobile services, and is accountable for results.
The Mobile Services Supervisor makes all efforts necessary to maintain a vibrant department that satisfies curiosity, enlightens the mind and strengthens the community.
Additional Info & Requirements
- Provide day-to-day supervision of paraprofessional mobile services staff.
- Interview applicants, schedule, train, assign tasks, assess performance and evaluate paraprofessional mobile services staff.
- Oversee mobile services, including the arrangement and organization of mobile collections, operation of the bookmobile, and mobile programming. Evaluate services and make adjustments as necessary to reach the greatest number of people.
- Staff and drive the bookmobile as needed.
- Contribute to the professional development and enrichment of mobile services staff by providing routine feedback and holding regular department meetings.
- Responsible for the operation and maintenance of the bookmobile, including the scheduling of routine and non-routine maintenance, and the development of positive relationships with service providers.
- Assist in the establishment and coordination of circulation policies for mobile operations.
- Exhibit a strong commitment to customer service.
- Contribute to the library’s positive public image: proactively monitor internal and external customer service and satisfaction and ensure implementation of actions to remedy customer service concerns.
- Schedule all mobile services staff work hours. Ensure there is adequate coverage to serve the public in a timely fashion.
- Work with Children’s Services Supervisor and other staff to ensure proper coverage and library presence within the schools and community.
- Collaborate with Children’s Services Supervisor on staff scheduling.
- Stay current on emerging library trends, new and current technologies, and approach professional development enthusiastically and proactively.
- Attend webinars, library conferences and meetings, workshops and trainings.
- Knowledgeable of state and federal laws relating to libraries, privacy, and personnel.
The Clearview Library District serves Windsor, Severance, and West Greeley communities.
External Job Ad
The complete job description, including education, experience, and minimum requirements, can be found at this link: https://clearviewlibrary.org/employment
Please send a cover letter, resume, and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org.