The Loveland Public Library is seeking a Librarian II for the Adult Services Department. As a Librarian II, this position will work in partnership with the Division Manager to lead the team. We are looking for an individual who enjoys working with creative innovative people in a collaborative environment. We are passionate about making community connections, developing strong programs & creating a 21st century collection. We are looking for a candidate to manage community outreach & partnerships, programs, & ideas with a winning style and assurance.
Performs mid-level professional duties under the general direction of Adult Services Division Manager & will direct the Adult Services Division in the absence of the Division Manager.
The salary range for this position is $21.93- $31.73 per hour with a hiring range of $21.93 - $26.83, DOQ
Position will close to applicants on: 1/24/2020 at 4:30 P.M. M.S.T.
Benefits Package Includes:
- Wellness Clinic
- Medical Leave
- Wellness Program
- City of Loveland University
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Identifies, expands, and maintains community partnerships. Develops and cultivates relationships with the Loveland business community
- Provide in-depth reference research for patrons
- Participates in collection development for the department including selection and weeding of library materials in assigned area.
- Compiles monthly reports.
- Hires, supervises trains, evaluates, and schedules assigned subordinate staff.
- Acts as Person-In-Charge in absence of director or division manager.
- Searches for, locates and retrieves information/materials to answer questions posed in person, by phone, by email, and by IM or Chat.
- Explains to patrons the use of equipment and resources including the online catalog, databases, microform reader-printers, and copiers.
- Provides support, training, and troubleshooting for the library’s online resources and downloadables as it relates to e-readers, tablets, and other mobile devices.
OTHER JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Develops and coordinates programs and outreach events.
- Keeps up with current trends and issues in librarianship via professional reading and participation in library-related listservs, webinars, professional conferences, etc
- Assists with the training and development of staff.
- Plans, promotes, and implements the adult summer reading program.
- Uses online tools to develop community centric programs and collections.
- Provides education and support for the public and staff for library resources.
- Creates, updates, and distributes department’s marketing material.
- Assists with staff scheduling for Adult Services division.
- Supports other library departments as needed
- May provide input on performance evaluations of subordinate staff not directly supervised.
- Serves on library and/or city committees.
- Other duties as assigned.
This position is responsible for supervision of City employee(s).
Highest level supervised: non-exempt employee(s).
Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
Knowledge, skills & abilities:
Knowledge of library reference and reader advisory, standard library arrangement and description, and materials collection development. Ability to conduct a reference interview, locate information in print and online resources. Ability to plan programs and outreach services. Ability to network with community partners. Ability to provide strong customer service to customers of all ages and backgrounds. Ability to positively inspire and energize customers and staff about library services and materials. Ability to work independently, complete tasks on time and constructively problem solve. Ability to supervise staff and volunteers. Must possess strong presentation skills and general knowledge of computer and Microsoft office tools. Spanish language proficiency a plus.
Accountability, Collaboration, Service, courtesy and kindness, Innovation, Integrity and Safety
Job specific competencies:
Job Knowledge, Community Relations, Leadership, Time Management
External Job Ad
A City of Loveland application is required for consideration.