Job seeker: Do you evaluate and continually improve administrative processes? Are you able to interact and collaborate on an Administrative Team who delivers outstanding results? Are you highly experienced using Windows and Microsoft Office Suite with a focus on quality and embracing change? If you are ready to contribute to the Library's success, this position may be for you!
- Provide organizational support and project coordination for the Executive Team.
- Be an active member on assigned special task forces, during committee meetings, and collaborating on special projects.
- Responsible for meeting/event planning, scheduling and maintaining calendars, taking meeting minutes, preparing and distributing documents and correspondence.
- Be a team member in the Administrative Support Unit (ASU).
- High school diploma or related certificate (Associate's degree in related field preferred)
- Minimum three years administrative support work experience, to include project coordination experience.
- Intermediate or higher level of experience using Microsoft Office Suite products.
- Strong ability to establish priorities and plan and manage work load with a desire to work in a team environment and collaborate on work and projects.
- Must be able to perform difficult, complex, technical and/or specialized office support work, which requires the exercise of independent judgment, the application of technical skills.
Additional Info & Requirements
Must be available to work some evenings, weekends and minor holidays.
Offer of employment contingent on criminal history check and education verification.
Please include a cover letter for consideration.
Jefferson County Public Library will always be here to connect you to the people, ideas and inspiration for whatever's next in life. Define your destination, and we'll help you get there. So you can always be learning. Always be creating. And always be discovering something new.
We help to build an educated and vibrant community by providing equal access to information and opportunities.
We will be the essential destination where all generations connect, discover, and create.
We serve with care; everyone is welcome here. We meet you where you are, give you our full attention, and strive to exceed your expectations.
Our core values are Innovation, Accountability, and Excellence.
Jefferson County Public Library offers great benefits: Generous paid time off and paid holidays, flexible schedules to assist in your work/life balance, various benefit and wellness opportunities helping you maintain a healthy lifestyle, a tuition reimbursement program and trainings for personal and professional growth. Learn more about Employee Benefits!
Watch a video about the Library's role in the community!
Human Resources / Job Listings