Are you a leader in the Human Resources field? Are you an expert on HR trends, laws and employment policies? Are you a change agent and a trusted HR business partner, developing collaborative solutions to meet the needs of all stakeholders? Then this position may be the job for you!
The hiring range for this position is: $58,311.71-$74,347.73
- Under limited supervision, manages: employee relations, performance management, payroll, recruitment, classification and compensation, and the benefits and wellness programs for JCPL.
- Designs, develops and implements HR programs to attract and maximize the talents of a diverse workforce.
- Serves as an HR business partner to all library divisions.
- Provides leadership, training and expertise on employment issues including Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA), the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendments Act (ADA), Workers' Compensation, FLSA, EEOC and local and state regulatory issues.
- Maintains knowledge of developments in laws, regulations and industry trends through regular training, research, participation in professional organizations and annual conference attendance.
- Collaborates and coordinates with others in cross-functional teams to accomplish strategic goals. Manages HR projects e.g. implementation of a new ERP (Workday) and digitization of employee records.
- Supervises the HR team including day to day oversight of payroll and recruitment functions.
Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or related field.
Three years of experience in a human resources leadership position, to include two years of supervisory experience, or any equivalent combination of education and experience.
HR Certification strongly preferred. May be in process or completed within 12 months of hire.
Additional Info & Requirements
Offer of employment contingent on criminal history check, motor vehicle record check and education verification.
Must be available to work evenings, weekends and minor holidays.
Note: Interview schedules
Phone/Videoconferencing: February 19-21
In person: February 26-28
Jefferson County Public Library will always be here to connect you to the people, ideas and inspiration for whatever's next in life. Define your destination, and we'll help you get there. So you can always be learning. Always be creating. And always be discovering something new.
We help to build an educated and vibrant community by providing equal access to information and opportunities.
We will be the essential destination where all generations connect, discover, and create.
We serve with care; everyone is welcome here. We meet you where you are, give you our full attention, and strive to exceed your expectations.
Our core values are Innovation, Accountability, and Excellence.
Jefferson County Public Library offers great benefits: Generous paid time off and paid holidays, flexible schedules to assist in your work/life balance, various benefit and wellness opportunities helping you maintain a healthy lifestyle, a tuition reimbursement program and trainings for personal and professional growth. Learn more about Employee Benefits!
Watch a video about the Library's role in the community!
Human Resources / Job Listings