Bridgewater State University, Clement C. Maxwell Library
This is a temporary position scheduled to conclude in April 2020.
- Provide reference services to Bridgewater State University students, faculty, and staff as well as to community users, which includes but is not limited to instructing users how to search the Library’s online public access catalog, print resources, electronic databases, and other available information sources.
- Instruct classes in research strategies, information ethics, information discovery, library resources, and resource analysis.
- Provide limited computer assistance to Bridgewater State University students, faculty, and staff as well as to community users, which includes but is not limited to assigning temporary user accounts.
- Other duties as assigned, which includes but is not limited to working collaboratively with other librarians and/or staff on projects related to Library services or programs.
- Graduate degree in Library or Information Science from an ALA-accredited program or current enrollment in such a program.
- Effective organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills including the ability to interact tactfully and skillfully with a wide variety of individuals in a diverse work environment.
- Knowledge of print, electronic, and network-based information resources and technologies.
- Ability to use technology effectively.
- Ability to adapt to change.
- Commitment to customer service excellence.
- Experience teaching or library instruction.
Additional Info & Requirements
The schedule for this position is Monday - Thursday from 4:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
BiblioTemps® is an employment service of the Massachusetts Library System that provides experienced library workers for short-term and permanent placements in public, academic and special libraries throughout Massachusetts.
We are currently looking for qualified candidates for a Research and Instruction Librarian position at Bridgewater State University. This is a wonderful opportunity for new or soon to be graduates who are looking to develop their library skills and experience.