Summary: Provides support and assistance to the Circulation Supervisor and Assistant Circulation Supervisors (ACS).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Creates positive experiences for library patrons by effectively and efficiently performing job tasks; presents a positive image of the library in attitude, communications and appearance while performing duties in both the public and staff areas.
- Provides support and understands tasks associated with the circulation desk.
- Performs shelving duties such as loading and unloading carts, ordering, sorting and shelving books, media, magazines, etc.
- Provides direction to volunteers in support of or in absence of supervisor/ACS.
- Provides training to new hires, work study students, volunteers and existing staff.
- Researches damaged, lost, and/or missing library items.
- Troubleshoots customer concerns and system/customer account issues under the direction of an ACS or supervisor.
- Assists with running /reconciling various reports, data collection and recording of necessary information.
- Opens and closes library in the absence of a ACS or supervisor under the supervision of the designated person in charge.
- Monitors and assists with overflow/crowding of collections and reports to supervisor.
- Performs circulation duties that include contact with patrons such as registration and renewal of patrons’ accounts, checking library materials in and out, collecting fees and fines, working with collection agency accounts (under $75), patron registration and issuing library cards.
- Proficiently handles the circulation functions of the library’s integrated system including log-in, placing holds and trace functions, and searching patron database. Performs these functions efficiently with a minimum of errors.
- Proficiently handles circulation duties including desk opening and closing procedures, use of all patron and circulation forms, and daily receipts.
- Demonstrates a professional, positive, cooperative, flexible, team-oriented working relationship with staff, co-workers, and volunteers.
- Stays current on Poudre River Public Library District policies, processes, procedures and technologies required to perform work duties.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to do detailed work accurately.
- Ability to work flexible schedule, including night and weekend shifts.
- General knowledge of office equipment.
- Ability to use word processing software, and use basic math skills.
Minimum of one (1) year experience working in a library or retail environment; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to communicate effectively with customers and employees of the organization. Proficiency in Spanish is desirable.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
Certificates and Licenses:
This position has no supervisory responsibility.
Work is performed indoors in a standard library environment with moderate levels of noise. A Customer Experience Representative is required to work a variety of scheduled hours including days, nights, and weekends as needed.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The Customer Experience Representative is regularly required to sit, stand for long periods of time, stoop, bend, reach, carry, push and pull. Must be able to push a fully loaded book cart weighting approximately 150 lbs. Must be able to lift weights up to 50 lbs. Must have manual dexterity to operate a computer and grasp books. Must be able to read a computer screen and locate books on shelves. Must be able to perform the various tasks of the job, which requires continuous and repetitive, hand and wrist movement.
Additional Info & Requirements
No phone calls, please.
Located in northern Colorado, Fort Collins is home to Colorado State University and an outstanding public school system.
Nestled at the base of the Rocky Mountains, Fort Collins offers exciting recreational opportunities, unique cultural offerings, and is a regional center for employment and shopping.
Throughout the year, live music and entertainment, as well as great local dining, can be found throughout the historic downtown area. Fort Collins offers the convenience of a small town with all the amenities of a larger city.
If you are seeking the Colorado lifestyle and a community in which you can reinvent and reinvigorate yourself then Fort Collins is your city.
For more information, please visit the City of Fort Collins website: http://www.fcgov.com/visitor/
Human Resources / Job Listings
Apply online ONLY at https://poudrelibraries.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=52
NO PHONE CALLS, PLEASE.