Primary job duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- The position is responsible for providing library services to adult offenders of diverse physical and mental abilities;
- Answer patron requests for information, determine where to locate the desired information and execute a search. Provide reader's advisory service to offenders and staff. Provide instruction to offenders on information literacy and library skills. Receive requests, prepare orders, and deliver materials to offenders in segregation/diagnostic units who cannot visit the library. Inform patrons about availability of interlibrary loans; screen requests for appropriateness; instruct patrons in loan procedures; search incoming books from other libraries for contraband;
- Perform library computer functions: use the library's integrated library system, utilize the Internet to respond to information requests, and communicate via email. Train offender clerks in the operation of the cataloging, circulation and statistical reporting functions, supervising and assisting them with these operations when necessary. Catalog and classify library materials using copy catalog process;
- Position also hires, trains and supervises offenders who work in the library. This will include: work planning, monitoring, evaluating and providing feedback. These duties also include assigning tasks, directing work flow, scheduling work and establishing work standards;
- Compose and distribute monthly narrative and statistical reports. Perform support/clerical duties as assigned;
- Determine supplies to be ordered, prepare requisitions, place orders;
- Recommend materials to be ordered and verify vendor's physical inventory. Check in orders upon receipt and submit receiving reports and other paperwork as required;
- Supervise the processing and shelving of new materials;
- Work with Regional Librarian and Programs Manager to monitor the library budget;
- Read and adhere to all CDOC Administrative Regulations and facility adjustment sheets;
- Monitor behavior of offender patrons, enforce security regulations and library rules, eject problem patrons, write reports on rule infractions, and resolve conflicts between offenders.
Additional Info & Requirements
Two years of *general clerical* experience which MUST include providing direct information/ customer service to the general public in an administrative or office support role demonstrating high level decision making and multitasking. (Experience must be clearly described within the work experience section of your application in order to receive credit. Part-time experience will be prorated.)
**General clerical duties may include: The accurate and timely completion of processing documents and information; data entry; printing, scanning, and making copies; scheduling; accepting reservations or registrations; arrange meeting logistics and equipment; reception and intake; record keeping, filing and maintenance; answering multi line phones and relaying messages; and general administrative tasks in an office support environment.
NOTE: Retail, food service or call center customer service is not in an office support environment and will not be given credit toward the minimum requirements.
Education from a nationally accredited college or university with course work toward a degree or certification in library technology or information science will substitute for the required experience on a year-for-year basis. (transcripts must be scanned, uploaded and attached to your application in order to receive credit and if you wish to be considered for this position)
If your goal is to build a career that makes a difference and build greater public confidence in good government, consider joining the dedicated people of the State of Colorado. Our professionals strive to support state government and the citizens of Colorado. Customer service is a key component for every position in state government as is the focus on ideas and ways to redesign the delivery of services in making state government more effective and efficient.
External Job Ad
If you would like to speak to a recruiter regarding this job posting please contact Stephanie Fredrickson at email@example.com.
You can also learn more about current job listings, benefits and culture at www.cdoc.jobs.