Plans, conducts, and evaluates high quality youth and family-friendly programming and library services on behalf of Clearview Library District.
Serves as the Severance liaison, ensuring that programs and services offered in Severance align with community needs and the Library District’s strategic plan.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Plan, conduct and evaluate a regular schedule of high quality programs for young children and families. Most programming the Children and Family Services Librarian oversees will take place outside of the library.
- Manage the library’s StoryWalk installment, including changing the story on a quarterly basis and keeping the installment well maintained.
- Identify and develop opportunities throughout the community for early literacy partnerships.
- Prepare high quality promotional materials for programs.
- Provide reader’s advisory service for children and families. Assist children with the use of the library and its resources. Assist parents and other adults in the selection of appropriate children’s material.
- Build and maintain relationships with childcare centers and other agencies serving children and families.
- Communicate with school employees and students in the use of print and non-print materials and other library services.
- Compile essential statistics and records regarding program participation and attendance.
- Attend and participate in children’s services meetings and library committees, and contribute to cooperative efforts to support system-wide children’s services functions and programs.
- Participate in near-term and long-range planning for children’s programs.
- Develop, evaluate, and assist with the maintenance of a collection that is relevant and innovative, including books, board books, audio-books, media and other items appropriate for young children and their families.
Additional Info & Requirements
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Stay current on emerging library trends, new and current technologies, and take responsibility for own professional development.
- Maintain memberships in professional organizations. Read professional journals, attend webinars, library conferences and meetings, workshops and trainings.
- Attend staff meetings and trainings.
Clearview Library District serves Windsor, Severance, and West Greeley neighborhoods.
External Job Ad
Please send a resume, cover letter, and three references to Casey: email@example.com