Assistant Professor – Tenure Track
Information Literacy Librarian
Kent Library (Full Time, 10 month position)
- Provide and support effective information literacy instruction and education within the core curriculum and the academic disciplines
- Create effective digital learning materials; such as online interactive tutorials, video tutorials, and research guides
- Serve as liaison librarian to multiple academic departments
- Work closely with faculty and students across the University; interactions may be face-to-face or virtual
- Provide research assistance in-person, online, or by telephone and share in the chat and reference desk staffing rotation
- Participate in the development and management of library services and collections
- Contribute to Kent Library and library unit committees, activities, and outreach, and to Southeast Missouri State University through faculty governance, committees, councils, and other working groups
- Establish and maintain a professional development program consistent with promotion and tenure
- ALA-accredited Master’s degree by August 1, 2020; a degree in English a plus (Degree must be from a regionally accredited or internationally accredited/government certified university.)
- Demonstrated experience with planning, delivering, and assessing information literacy education
- Experience with the creation of digital learning materials
- Ability to work effectively with a diverse faculty and a diverse student body throughout the University
- Knowledge of reference services and electronic and print information resources
- Strong service orientation and flexibility
- Demonstrated effective communication skills
- Demonstrated initiative and ability to work well as a member of a group and individually
- Ability to meet Kent Library’s and Southeast Missouri State University’s tenure and promotion requirements
- Demonstrated commitment to a diverse and equitable work environment, including working with multicultural groups and an understanding of, and sensitivity to, issues affecting women and underrepresented groups
As a public regional university (with a graduate mission), Southeast seeks candidates with a commitment to excellent undergraduate and graduate education and student success within the framework of the teacher-scholar model. Successful candidates will contribute to the development of innovative curricula and delivery strategies, including traditional, blended and online formats, and participate in initiatives promoting student success, retention and degree completion. Applications of instructional technology and pedagogical research are supported through the Center for Scholarship in Teaching and Learning and Southeast Online.
Application Deadline: The position is available August 1, 2020 and will remain open until filled. To ensure full consideration, applications must be received by March 6, 2020.
To Apply: Submit the following items online at http://agency.governmentjobs.com//semoedu/default.cfm?promotionaljobs=1
- Letter of interest addressing position qualifications
- Current curriculum vitae
- Name and contact information of three professional references
- Unofficial copies of transcripts (official transcripts are required when offer of employment is accepted)
Library Information: Information regarding Kent Library can be found at http://library.semo.edu/.
University Facts: Southeast Missouri State University is a comprehensive regional state university with five colleges and schools, approximately 11,000 students, and a faculty and staff of over 1,100. Southeast, a moderately selective institution, offers baccalaureate, masters and specialist degrees, and participates in a joint doctoral program with the University of Missouri. Cape Girardeau, a historic city overlooking the Mississippi River, is the hub of a thriving county with a population of approximately 78,000. Serving a region of more than 500,000 people, it is the largest center for retail, medical, manufacturing, communications, and cultural activities between St. Louis and Memphis.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY, AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER