Substitutes for library staff with a variety of duties and levels of responsibility in all public service areas of the library. Flexible and varied schedule between 0-19 hours/week, requires some evening & weekend hours. This position reports to the Teen Services Division Manager.
The salary range is $15.77-$22.12 per hour with a hiring range of $15.77-$18.94 depending on qualifications and experience.
This position will close to applicants on February 21, 2020 at 4:30 p.m. M.S.T.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Maintains flexible schedule and must be willing to report for work often on short notice
- Provides customer service including reference, reader’s advisory and technology assistance for patrons of all ages both in person and by phone
- Checks library materials in and out, place reserves, process fines, make reservations for computer use and classes
- Maintain overall organization, appearance and cleanliness of the library including but not limited to shelving materials, shelf reading, placing books on display, shifting within stacks
- Collects money and makes change using a cash register or cash drawer
- Regularly follows opening and/or closing procedures
Knowledge, skills & abilities:
General knowledge of computer based library systems, Microsoft Office, Outlook and the Internet. Ability to perform job duties effectively during relaxed and stressed activity levels within the department. Excellent oral and written communication skills. Familiarity with current library practices and materials. Knowledge of basic customer service philosophies. Ability to learn new skills on the job. Ability to work independently, complete tasks on time and constructively problem solve. Spanish language proficiency a plus.
Accountability, Collaboration, Courtesy and Kindness, Innovation, Integrity, Safety, Service
Education and/or experience:
Two (2) years college coursework or Associates degree required. An equivalent combination of education and/or experience may substitute for the education requirement on a year for year basis. One (1) year library or closely related technology experience required; this is in addition to any years used to satisfy the education/experience requirement.
Additional Info & Requirements
To apply visit: www.cityofloveland.org
Loveland is the jewel of Northern Colorado, possessing all the amenities of an urban population center, yet it’s
managed to maintain a small town charm with a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. Loveland has long been
known as the “Sweetheart City” because of its Valentine Re-mailing Program. Every year, thousands of valentines
are sent to the City where volunteers stamp them for re-mailing to sweethearts worldwide. However special this
program is to the City, it’s the residents of Loveland who truly make Loveland the “Sweetheart City.”
A City of Loveland application is required for consideration.