Are you a collaborative leader with the ability to develop and lead a team? Are you motivated to provide consistent, quality customer service for library patrons? Are you passionate and skilled in the design and planning of materials circulation and work flow processes? If you are ready to support the Library's objectives, this supervisor position may be the job for you!
- Hires, assigns, trains, orients and supervises staff and volunteers in their area of responsibility.
- Recommends routine personnel matters affecting subordinates, including interviewing applicants, evaluating performance, taking corrective action and scheduling.
- Be a problem solver who anticipates and solves issues as non-routine situations arise.
- Serves as Person-In-Charge on a routine basis for their location.
- Be a communicator to direct reports regarding changes in policy and procedures as well as goals and strategic priorities for implementation.
- Maintains efficient and timely handling of materials including both processing reports and items in circulation.
- Implements industry best practices for weeding, merchandising, labeling and promoting library resources.
- Maintains current knowledge of trends in libraries and related fields to suggest new services for development and implementation system-wide.
- Collects statistical information pertaining to circulation and functions as the local expert in the integrated library system (ILS).
- The Operations Supervisor reports to the Public Services Manager.
- Position must comply with laws governing patron privacy and confidentiality under CRS24-90-119, and the Code of Ethics of the American Library Association, as well as ADA governing public access to space and technology.
- Persons hired in this position must be able to perform all the essential tasks required by the position. The above statements are illustrative of the essential functions of the job and do not include other nonessential or peripheral duties that may be required. JCPL retains the right to modify or change the duties or essential and additional functions of the job at any time without notice.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent education and related work experience required.
- Minimum of 2 years direct customer service experience.
- Minimum of 1 year supervisory experience.
- Basic computer and technical skills appropriate for the position.
- Intermediate reading, writing, and math skills required.
- Public library experience preferred.
Our hiring range for the position is $49,470.70 - $63,075.15
Additional Info & Requirements
- Must be available to work days, some evenings and weekends, and holidays as required.
- Offer of employment contingent on criminal history check, education verification and Motor Vehicle Record check.
Jefferson County Public Library will always be here to connect you to the people, ideas and inspiration for whatever's next in life. Define your destination, and we'll help you get there. So you can always be learning. Always be creating. And always be discovering something new.
We help to build an educated and vibrant community by providing equal access to information and opportunities.
We will be the essential destination where all generations connect, discover, and create.
We serve with care; everyone is welcome here. We meet you where you are, give you our full attention, and strive to exceed your expectations.
Our core values are Innovation, Accountability, and Excellence.
Jefferson County Public Library offers great benefits: Generous paid time off and paid holidays, flexibility to assist in your work/life balance, various benefit and wellness opportunities helping you maintain a healthy lifestyle, a tuition reimbursement program and trainings for personal and professional growth. Learn more about Employee Benefits!
The Standley Lake Library, a suburban library at the northern end of Jefferson County in Arvada, is our first library offering an Outdoor Adventure Space to encourage unstructured outdoor play.
Human Resources / Job Listings