The MSU Library seeks an experienced and creative individual to lead a team of classified staff working in circulation, public services, and building management. Working in the Learning and Research Services Department (LRS) and reporting to the Head of the Department, the Program Manager serves as the lead staff member for the personnel at the service desk and for technical aspects of the operations of the library’s online circulation, holds, and reserves services. This position provides key management and supervision for LRS classified staff, and serves as a functional specialist for the Fulfillment portion of the library’s URM (Unified Resource Management) platform, Alma. The position will focus on the day-to-day operations of the service desk, including scheduling and staffing the service desk, and will work collaboratively with the Department Head to assist with implementing new services, providing strategic direction, and collaborating with other Library departments in providing public services to MSU faculty, students, and staff.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Be the central point of contact for all Service Desk (circulation, reserves, stacks maintenance, holds, Commons area) staff related issues and questions, and serve as the primary scheduler.
- Approve leave requests for LRS classified staff and monitor scheduling for the service desk to ensure appropriate staffing levels for maximum customer service.
- Verify accuracy of timesheets and serve as primary approver.
- In collaboration with the Department Head, participate in and contribute to the annual review process for LRS classified staff.
- Serve as lead staff person for the Fulfillment portion of the library’s URM (Unified Resource Management) platform, Alma.
- Ensure LRS related content is up-to-date, including written policies and procedures, and information made available via the library’s website.
- Gather and report statistics in collaboration with other LRS personnel related to library operations, circulation services, and events.
- Supervise LRS student employees during appointed service desk shifts and work collaboratively with the Student Management Team.
- Serve on library, university and professional committees.
- Lead and/or serve on search committees related to vacant LRS classified staff positions as needed.
- Other library related duties as assigned to assist in general library operations.
Additional Info & Requirements
- While the working hours for this position are set and generally do not change from semester to semester, as with all LRS staff, the individual in this position may be required to flex their schedule to meet occasional vacation, sick leave, or other demands of the department.
- Work occasionally (no more than once or twice per year) allows some travel to visit other campuses within the Montana University System or to library-related conferences.
- Must be able to work in a high-volume customer service capacity.
Montana State University values diverse perspectives and is committed to continually supporting, promoting and building an inclusive and culturally diverse campus environment. MSU recognizes the importance of work-life integration and strives to be responsive to the needs of dual career couples.
Montana State University is committed to providing a working and learning environment free from discrimination. As such, the University does not discriminate in the admission, access to or conduct of its educational programs and activities nor in its employment policies and practices on the basis of an individual’s race, color, religion, national origin, creed, service in the uniformed services (as defined in state and federal law), veteran’s status, sex, age, political ideas, marital or family status, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression, or sexual orientation. In support of the University’s mission to be inclusive and diverse, applications from qualified minorities, women, veterans and persons with disabilities are highly encouraged.
Montana State University makes accommodation for any known disability that may interfere with an applicant’s ability to compete in the hiring process or an employee’s ability to perform the duties of the job. To request an accommodation, contact the Human Resources Office, PO Box 172520, Montana State University, Bozeman MT 59717-2520; 406-994-3651; firstname.lastname@example.org .
In compliance with the Montana Veteran’s Employment Preference Act, MSU provides preference in employment to veterans, disabled veterans, and certain eligible relatives of veterans. To claim veteran’s preference please complete the veteran’s preference information located in the Demographics section of your profile.
External Job Ad
Human Resources / Job Listings
Robin Francis, (406) 994-4997, email@example.com