The Howard B. Waltz Music Library encourages applications for an Outreach Specialist, Music Library. This department supports the teaching and research of students, faculty, and staff in music and the performing arts on campus. This is accomplished through wide-ranging collections, services, and spaces. This position is structured around the promotion and outreach of services, collections, and spaces centered in the branch. This position is also the primary backup for many of the library’s critical service operations. Key responsibilities will include:
Promotion and Outreach for Libraries’ Services, Collections, Learning Opportunities, and Community Events
- Develop user-focused outreach initiatives that improve student experiences in music and the performing arts.
- Connect initiatives and programming within the College of Music to collections and services in the Music Library.
- Promote library services and collections through library and campus marketing channels as well as physical and virtual displays.
- Establish campus relationships to connect a variety of constituents, including under-represented groups, with Music Library collections, services, and initiatives.
- Liaise with Libraries Outreach group, Marketing manager, and related partners so that promotional activities in the branch align with library and campus communications initiatives.
- Work with members of the Arts & Humanities department on outreach coordination.
- Serve as a representative on the libraries outreach team and in other service capacities as appropriate.
- Provide research assistance as needed.
- Work closely with the Branch Manager to ensure daily operations are appropriately staffed and managed.
- Share daily monitoring of general music library email account.
- Serve as the point person for library analytics.
- Maintain library signage, including monthly hours calendars and call number signs
- Participate and provide feedback in student hiring process.
- Work collaboratively with Music Library staff on joint projects.
Additional Info & Requirements
What We Require
- Bachelor's Degree
- Experience providing outreach and promotional services.
What You Will Need
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a customer service focus
- Creativity and innovation
- Excellent planning and organizing skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Facility with technology
- An eye for design
- Ability to advocate and cultivate and environment of diversity, inclusion, and respect.
What We Would Like You to Have
- Undergraduate degree in music
- Relevant experience in libraries and/or Master’s Degree in Library and Information Science
- Curiosity about and ease with new technologies
- Evidence of innovative, user-focused promotion and marketing
What We Can Offer
- A successful candidate with less than two years of experience providing outreach and promotional services will be hired at the rank of Communications Entry-Level Professional with a minimum starting salary of $43,000.
- A successful candidate with two or more years of experience providing outreach and promotional services will be hired at the rank of Communications Professional at a starting salary of $48,000
We are a knowledge catalyst. We spark inquiry, discovery, collaboration, creation, and the dissemination of knowledge. We welcome everyone, wherever they are on their educational journey.
An information-empowered world.
To apply, please submit the following materials:
- A current resume.
- A cover letter that specifically addresses how your background and experience align with the requirements, qualifications and responsibilities of the position.
You will not be asked to upload references at this time.
Please apply by March 9, 2020 for consideration.
Note: Application materials will not be accepted via email. For consideration, applications must be submitted through CU Boulder Jobs.