Library Services is located in the Clement C. Maxwell Library and is open an average of 94 hours each week during the academic year. It is a busy, dynamic place with classrooms, academic and administrative offices throughout the building. The library serves all BSU students, faculty, staff, researchers from across the country and world, as well as the residents of the surrounding communities. Library Services seeks a dynamic, creative, versatile, and user-oriented professional for the position of Collection Development & Acquisitions Librarian. The successful candidate will manage the Collection Development & Acquisitions unit and provide access to library resources, in support of the University’s missions for teaching and learning, research, and creative endeavors, as well as student success and achievement.
1. Provide leadership for the Collection Development & Acquisitions unit, which includes managing the selection, assessment, and acquisitions of resources in all formats.
2. Coordinate the library’s liaison activities and processes; serve as a liaison to one or more departments/programs.
3. Supervise one library staff assistant.
4. Manage the annual materials budget and information resources expenditures.
5. Track usage statistics, financial data and spending projections, creating reports as needed for program assessments, accreditation, and internal use.
6. Work with publishers and vendors to manage database subscriptions, purchase orders, and electronic licensing agreements; resolve related problems as needed.
7. Stay current on changes in the development, evaluations, and management of information resources through participation in webinars, review of professional literature, and attendance at professional meetings and conferences.
8. Work with library colleagues to set policies, workflows, and procedures.
9. Provide expert advice to the library and campus on library and information resources.
10. Actively engage in professional development activities as required for promotion and tenure.
· Master’s degree in Library or Information Science from an ALA accredited program.
· Minimum two years of relevant experience pertaining to acquisitions and collection development.
· Awareness of current developments and trends in collection development and acquisitions with the proven ability to apply such knowledge to local practices.
· Demonstrated proficiency with automated library systems, usage tools, and vendor management tools.
· Experience with electronic resources, digital rights management tools and standards.
· Effective communication, interpersonal, and team building skills.
· Supervisory experience.
· Commitment to diversity and social justice.
· Evidence of ability to successfully engage in professional activities and disciplinary scholarship to satisfy promotion and tenure requirements for the Massachusetts State College Association (MSCA) collective bargaining agreement.
· Second master’s degree. (Required for promotion beyond associate librarian rank.)
· Knowledge of the publishing industry and copyright issues.
· Familiarity using library management systems, electronic resources management tools such as CORAL, and COUNTER data standards.
· Supervisory experience in an academic library environment.
· Ability to adapt quickly in a dynamic, evolving library and campus environment.
· Ability to think strategically, set priorities, and manage responsibilities independently.
Link to job description and to apply: https://jobs.bridgew.edu/postings/18908
External Job Ad