Position Summary: Operates in a diverse environment to help fulfill the Library’s mission by providing career navigation and job skills readiness techniques and resources with our Adult Education department.
Functions listed are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work performed. The omission of specific duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position.
- Provide student’s enrolled in the Adult Education program job search activities directed toward positions that are individualized to the interests and uniqueness of our students.
- Assist students to prepare for job readiness, goal planning, financial management, etc.
- Work closely with the Library Instructional Designer to create and deliver workshop materials for job skills preparation on such topics as resume writing, job search techniques, and interviewing skills.
- Conduct career advising, to include a discussion of job descriptions, median hourly wages, as well as length of training required and labor market outlook in El Paso County and the State of Colorado.
- Serve as liaison to services and resources provided by the Pikes Peak Library District, and additional community resources.
- Develop resources for students, including tutoring and other services that increase their success in education and training.
- Assists Adult Education team with workforce center relationship building, employer engagement, and labor market research.
- Understands current employment trends and available resources.
- Maintains confidential student records and prepares monthly reports.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
Duties are considered non-essential and include the following:
- Keeps informed about library and department information.
- Participates in special projects as assigned.
- Serves on library teams as assigned.
- Attends regular department meetings and scheduled all-staff meetings.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
The employee is expected to perform or possess the following:
- Knowledge of the Pikes Peak Library District’s policies and procedures and ability to follow them.
- Ability to act as an ambassador of Pikes Peak Library District by promoting its mission and vision to the public.
- Ability to think and act appropriately under pressure.
- Demonstrates excellent verbal, written, and presentation communication skills.
- Demonstrates exceptional ability to build effective relationships with student, community partners and library staff.
- Demonstrates advanced ability to use applications software, including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook, along with standard office equipment.
- Demonstrates ability to work effectively as a team member, organize daily work and meet deadlines in a fast-paced, detail-rich environment.
Education and Experience:
1. Requires a Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
2. Requires a minimum of one year of presentation experience providing career support for adult learners.
3. Experience with career planning and employment search process, tools, and resources.
4. Requires a valid driver’s license.
5. Bilingual or multilingual ability is a plus in serving a diverse community.
Physical and Environmental Conditions:
Work is primarily conducted in an office setting that provides comfortable lighting, temperature and air conditions. Position requires the ability to sit and use a computer or standard office equipment for extended periods. Position requires the ability to stand for extended periods of time. Position requires the ability to occasionally reach, bend, climb, twist and squat. Position requires the ability to lift up to 30 pounds.
Work environment involves everyday risks or discomforts that require normal safety precautions typical of such places as offices or meeting rooms, e.g. use of safe work place practices with office equipment, and/or avoidance of trips and falls and observance of fire regulations.
DATE POSTED: February 19, 2020
LOCATION: 20 N. Cascade Ave., Colorado Springs, CO 80903
STARTING WAGE: $19.57 per hour + partial benefits (for benefits information, please see: http://ppld.org/jobs/benefits)
POSITION HOURS: 20 hours per week including evenings, to meet the Adult Education Department and student needs
Tuesday : 12 noon – 9 p.m.
Thursday : 12 noon – 9 p.m.
Friday : 8 a.m. – 12 noon OR as needed
Note: Regular schedule may be subject to minor changes due to required meetings, training events, etc. Also, management may require modifications to a position’s schedule, days, times and locations at any time as the needs of the Library District change.
1. Complete a PPLD online application located at ppld.org/Jobs at the Application Tab
2. Attachments should be submitted online in the following file types: .doc, .docx, .xls, .xlsx, .pdf, .htm
3. Requires resume and cover letter. Applications will not be considered without a resume and cover letter.
4. If you require an accommodation to complete your job application, please contact the Human Resources Office at (719) 531 - 6333, ext. 6380.
CLOSING DATE: Preference for application materials received by March 05, 2020 at 9:59 p.m. MST
Pikes Peak Library District
Talent Management Supervisor
(719) 531-6333, x6380