Alfred R. Neumann Library, University of Houston-Clear Lake
The Associate Director, Archives and Special Collections is responsible for the management and direction of the UHCL Archives, including the NASA Johnson Space Center History Collection. Provides direction, leadership, planning, and training for all phases of its activities emphasizing the use of new technologies. Organizes, develops, preserves, and provides access to the archival collections in accordance with professional standards. Provides reference assistance to users and formulates policies and procedures for the unit.
Additional Info & Requirements
1. Master’s degree in Library or Information Science from an ALA-accredited institution with a concentration in archives
OR a Master’s degree with archival studies in a closely related field.
2. Minimum four years of professional archival experience.
3. ACA Certification
4. Comprehensive knowledge of archival principles and practices.
5. Knowledge of institutional repositories and digital scholarship.
6. Knowledge of theories and practices of the archival profession including principles of automation, classification, and
rare book administration; knowledge of EAD; knowledge of basic cataloging and MARC standards, ability to appraise
records and objects as to historical value.
7. Ability to prepare and maintain finding aids based on current and emerging technologies such as EAD (Encoded Archival Description)
Come join our fun and fast-paced library environment at University of Houston - Clear Lake. Located just minutes from Clear Lake, Nassau Bay, and the Gulf, University of Houston-Clear Lake originally was built to serve NASA. We maintain that strong relationship while growing to serve our booming region.
Human Resources / Job Listings