History Colorado is hiring a contract, limited-term (temporary aide) position to work on a Database Migration project.
History Colorado invites applications for the position of Database Technician. HC currently uses Argus as a collections management system and also has data in Archivist’s Toolkit and EOS (a library OPAC). We are migrating all data from Archivist’s Toolkit and EOS into Argus. The Database Technician is responsible for accurately and efficiently maintaining the integrity of the data migration into Argus, managing all aspects of data formatting and cleanup, and assisting with related projects.
· Serve as project manager for database migration and data cleanup
· Track, reformat, move, and clean data in excel (or other data cleaning program) based on data structure with existing or new controlled vocabulary standards
· Establish and maintain cross departmental calendar of communications, and manage efforts with departmental staff
· Maintain procedure and tracking manual; provide consistent tracking, review, and evaluation of all data processes to ensure the most effective and efficient procedures are in place
· Oversee and perform quality control measures, including the maintenance of the data query repository
· Establish and maintain all structure and mapping of database architecture
· Conduct regular checkin meetings for status updates
· Work to streamline routine processes and best practices to ensure that the data requirements are implemented to increase efficiency and improve workflow
· Develop and perform weekly audits to ensure the integrity and security of all data and records
· Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university; advanced degree desirable
· Minimum 2 years of consistent, focused, and demonstrated database experience with museum collections databases and/or working with data including data import/exports, excel spreadsheet formula and data work, cleaning and reformatting data, etc.
· Familiarity and demonstrated use of controlled vocabularies for museum and archive/library collections data
· Demonstrated strong organizational and analytical skills
· Must possess excellent interpersonal and verbal communication skills
· Ability to promote teamwork and collaboration and work well with others to solve problems
· Service oriented attitude with special attention to timeliness and accuracy
· Demonstrated ability to prioritize, multi-task, balance competing priorities, and meet deadlines
Send letter of interest, resume, and 3 references to email@example.com. No calls please. Deadline is 2/27/20.