Library Systems & Services (LS&S) is seeking a full time Librarian 2 for the Ashland Library in Ashland, Oregon with Jackson County Library Services (JCLS). The Librarian 2 provides professional reference assistance to library patrons, with support from their team plans and implements adult programs for the branch, is responsible for collection maintenance and may assist at other branch service points as needed. This position cooperates with other staff members to meet the needs of the public, community, and the library. The Librarian 2 works with other library staff members and directly supervises the Ashland adult services team.
An individual must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility satisfactorily.
• Plans, advertises, presents, and evaluates library programs for the library’s adult patrons
• Responsible for weeding of library materials
• Provide reference and reader’s advisory assistance
• Be comfortable serving patrons from all branch service points
• Responsible for all aspects of collection maintenance
• May serve as the liaison with the community and organizations serving the community
• Perform outreach activities to local community agencies and organizations
• Work cross-departmentally with Marketing to create marketing materials for events and programming
• Create displays to advertise and promote daily activities
• May author grant applications to secure program funding
• Keep up with library and demographic trends to ensure the library is contemporary and utilizing best practices
• Oversee the work of others to achieve the library's operational goals
• Know and understand the American Library Association’s Library Bill of Rights, Freedom to Read Statement and Freedom to View Statement, recognizing that freedom of access is a fundamental tenet of a public library. In addition to these freedoms, support client discretion of materials available at your local library(ies).
• Follow all legal and policy requirements related to patron privacy and custodianship of patron records.
Additional Info & Requirements
• MLS or MLIS degree required
• Three years librarian experience preferred
• Knowledge of and previous use of library databases and services including materials selection tools
• Ability to research and use a wide variety of library data bases
• Proficiency in MS Office suite including Excel, Word and Powerpoint
• Excellent customer service skills
• Strong written and verbal communications skills
• Multilingual speaking a plus
• Ability to work in a self-directed environment with minimal guidance
• Good organizational, time management and problem solving skills
• Able to work a flexible schedule including weekdays, evenings and weekends
Equal Opportunity Employer: AA M/F/Vet/Disability
LS&S is the premier and most respected provider of library management and data services to state and federal Government Agencies. We partner with our library clients to provide world class service and professional expertise; protecting their library investment. With a proven track record, we utilize a team approach - providing accountable, unique and responsive solutions to delight library users. With already over 80 locations across the United States, LS&S is on a rapid growth pattern with plans for expanding our business.
Human Resources / Job Listings
HR Contact: email@example.com
Join Library Systems & Services (LS&S) and enjoy the flexibility, support, and values that come with being part of the nation’s third largest library network. In our unique company, you will find an abundance of opportunities and satisfaction as you:
• Join a caring community of people who love libraries
• Share insights with highly credible library professionals, many with MLS degrees
• Become a trusted partner to our library’s communities
• Effect positive change for libraries and library science
Being a library professional is a way of life – so we believe in making our employees’ lives as rewarding as possible. Some of the programs we offer our employees include:
Loan Forgiveness Program for degreed MLS & MLIS employees -
Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage - 401K Retirement Plan - Tuition Reimbursement
Short & Long-term disability coverage - Dependent Daycare Plan