Head of Adult Services
The Montrose Regional Library seeks an innovative, motivated Head of Adult Services to provide excellent professional library service to the community of Montrose, Colorado. The Head of Adult Services is responsible for overseeing reference service, collection management, programs, and outreach for teens and adults, as well as supervising a team of adult services librarians. We are seeking an imaginative librarian who approaches challenges with flexibility and a touch of humor.
Essential Job Functions:
- Supervises, coaches, and evaluates departmental staff.
- Fosters positive team relationships.
- Oversees the delivery of library services for adults and teens, including reference and readers’ advisory, technology training and assistance, and programs that encourage lifelong learning.
- Assists in the delivery of outreach services to senior populations.
- Oversees collection management for the teen and adult collections, including acquisitions, weeding, and inventory.
- Manages the departmental budget.
- Develops and proposes relevant policies and procedures.
- Compiles, reports, and evaluates statistics.
- Promotes the library in the community and forms productive relationships with other local agencies.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Creativity, leadership, and organizational skills.
- Proficiency in Sierra, Microsoft Office, and use of PC computers.
Candidates must have a Bachelor’s degree and three years’ progressively responsible experience as a library professional. A Master’s degree in Library Science from an ALA-accredited program and supervisory experience is strongly preferred.
Salary negotiable from $45,500 per year depending on qualifications; includes full benefits package.
Send resume and letter of application by March 13, 2020 to Paul Paladino, Director, Montrose Regional Library District, 320 S. 2nd St., Montrose CO 81401, or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Montrose is a vital and growing community of approximately 20,000 on Colorado's beautiful Western Slope. The district consists of a main library, two rural branches, and a bookmobile and book van, with a total service area of about 36,000.
External Job Ad