We're excited to hire a collaborator, skilled at brand messaging and marketing, to be our Communications Specialist. You'll be innovative, interactive, and ensuring the Library's materials and messaging is aligned with the brand. If you have excellent communications and editing skills, this may be the job for you!
Hiring range: $18.42-$23.02
- Copywriting and review of promotional materials, including press releases; event calendar copy; advertising copy; marketing collateral; video scripting; and internal communications article
- Ensuring all copy and messaging are appropriate for the targeted channel, addressing customer needs and aligning with brand voice and tone
- Reviewing and editing materials for accuracy, AP style, brand alignment, brevity and mobile-friendliness; works with clients to secure approval of copy changes
- Initiating project requests as needed for appropriate collateral: print, web and social media
- Participating in strategic planning and team meetings
- Coordinating with the Communications Team to ensure coordinated, timely and effective delivery of promotions and marketing materials
- Participate in continuing education/training in social media development and communication technology.
- Be our go-to person for coordination of activities, public and media events designed to promote topics, programs and partnerships within the Library and community.
- Respond to inquiries received through various communication paths in a timely manner providing information and directing questions to appropriate staff.
- Communicate and assist with the priorities, policies, programs and actions of the Library and maintain positive client and community relations.
- Persons hired in this position must be able to perform all the essential tasks required by the position. The above statements are illustrative of the essential functions of the job and do not include other nonessential or peripheral duties that may be required. JCPL retains the right to modify or change the duties or essential and additional functions of the job at any time without notice.
- Bachelor's Degree in English, Communications, Marketing, Public Relations or Journalism, or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
- Minimum of 1 year of demonstrated experience in marketing and communications is required.
- Excellent communication, writing, and editing skills required.
- Comprehensive, practical knowledge of technical skills as appropriate for this position is required.
- Execution of successful marketing campaigns is preferred.
- Experience working with a Library or other government organization is preferred.
- Photography experience is preferred.
- Spanish language skills (ability to read and write in Spanish) are preferred.
Additional Info & Requirements
- Must be able to work some evenings, some weekends and minor holidays.
- Offer of employment contingent on criminal history check and education verification.
- Attach 1 writing sample to your application - provide links to a published article, news release
- Include a cover letter and a resume in your online application.
Jefferson County Public Library will always be here to connect you to the people, ideas and inspiration for whatever's next in life. Define your destination, and we'll help you get there. So you can always be learning. Always be creating. And always be discovering something new.
We help to build an educated and vibrant community by providing equal access to information and opportunities.
We will be the essential destination where all generations connect, discover, and create.
We serve with care; everyone is welcome here. We meet you where you are, give you our full attention, and strive to exceed your expectations.
Our core values are Innovation, Accountability, and Excellence.
Jefferson County Public Library offers great benefits: Generous paid time off and paid holidays, flexible schedules to assist in your work/life balance, various benefit and wellness opportunities helping you maintain a healthy lifestyle, a tuition reimbursement program and trainings for personal and professional growth. Learn more about Employee Benefits!
Watch a video about the Library's role in the community!
Human Resources / Job Listings