Colorado State University - Pueblo
The University mission is to establish CSU-Pueblo as the people's university of the southwest United States by 2028. Our success will be measured by the resilience, agility, and problem-solving abilities of our diverse population, and the ways in which our graduates are able to navigate work in a rapidly changing world.
The Colorado State University-Pueblo Library actively develops and empowers the campus community by integrating information literacy across the curriculum and providing collections, spaces, and services that facilitate learning, research, and innovation for a diverse and inclusive community.
Description of Job
This position, in collaboration with library faculty and in accordance with the Library Strategic Plan, coordinates communication with library constituents across the campus and community, markets library resources and services, plans and orchestrates community events, assists the Dean with community outreach, and is responsible for library web presence.
As a member of the Education, Research, and Outreach Division, the Liaison Librarian is involved and engaged in the entire life-cycle of research, teaching and learning, and outreach processes. The position collaborates with and supports faculty to integrate information literacy across the curriculum and achieve library student learning outcomes by providing course-specific instruction sessions, assignments, and research support; creating research guides and/or tutorials; identifying library materials relevant to the course to embed in online learning management systems; and providing consultation to faculty and students in the department. In addition, the Liaison Librarian provides a full range of subject specific library services to include collection development, consultation, instruction, reference services, and assessment, and proactively engages in scholarship and service.
Coordinates communication with library constituents across the campus and community including email, web-based, social media, and print based communication:
- Develops and implements a comprehensive marketing plan ensuring consistent messaging and branding for library communications.
- Supports library faculty and staff to promote library resources and services.
- Promotes the role and value of the library to campus constituents
- Plans and orchestrates community events including chairing library special events committee.
- Secures grant funding where appropriate.
- Creates and maintains informational materials, displays, and exhibits
- Cooperates with campus communications staff to create press releases and promote the library.
- Assists the Dean with community outreach.
Manages library web presence:
- Uses the campus content management system to design and maintain library web pages.
Serves as liaison to assigned academic departments:
- Collaborates with and supports faculty to integrate information literacy across the curriculum and achieve library student learning outcomes.
- Provides course-specific instruction sessions, assignments, and research support.
- Participates in library assessment processes for student learning outcomes.
- Creates research guides and/or tutorials.
- Identifies library materials relevant to the course to embed in Blackboard, place on reserve, or include in course packs.
- Provides consultation to faculty and students in the department related to research, information literacy, and scholarly communication.
- Manages collection development for assigned subject areas.
- Provides reference services at the Research Help Desk (possibly including some nights or weekends) or via LibAnswers, as scheduled.
Performs sustained inquiry into one's discipline leading to practical application within the library as well as research resulting in published or presented scholarly output.
Serves the library, the university, and the profession through active membership on boards, committees, panels, etc.
Minimum Qualifications, Substitutions, Conditions of Employment & Appeal Rights
- Master's degree in Library Science (M.L.S. or equivalent) from an ALA accredited institution
- Master's or Bachelor's degree in STEM discipline or Business
- Strong commitment to customer service
- Demonstrated strong teaching skills
- Ability to collaborate with diverse groups and communicate ideas effectively
- Demonstrated planning and leadership skills, with the ability to function independently, take initiative, and set goals and priorities in a dynamic changing environment
- Experience with public relations or outreach
- Experience with event planning
- Experience with marketing
- Experience with web design
- Project management experience.
- Reference and instruction experience in an academic library
- Experience at a regional comprehensive university
- Experience at a Hispanic-Serving Institution
About Colorado State University-Pueblo
Colorado State University-Pueblo is a comprehensive state university with an enrollment of 4,000 students. CSU-Pueblo provides relevant professional coursework and superior instruction with a small professor-to-student ratio for an ever-changing global economy. Students can choose from 28 undergraduate programs with 70 fields of study in the College of Science and Mathematics, the Hasan School of Business, the College of Humanities and Social Sciences, and the College of Education, Engineering, and Professional Studies and 10 graduate programs.
CSU-Pueblo is equally committed to serving the diverse population of the region; this emphasis is reflected in the demographic characteristics of the student body. Because more than 25 percent of our students are Hispanic, the Federal Government has designated CSU-Pueblo a Hispanic Serving Institution. Besides reflecting our commitment to serve this critically important and rapidly-growing segment of the student population, that designation also allows the University to compete for certain federal grant funds to support its ability to better serve all students. The University also seeks to provide a rich and diverse cultural environment that allows freedom of expression within a spirit of civility and mutual respect. The public service expected of all members of our community benefits our society--local and global--and builds our sense of citizenship.
Among its unique features, CSU-Pueblo is one of seven schools in the nation to offer a degree in mechatronics, which combines electrical and mechanical engineering. The Hasan School of Business ranks among the top 15 percent of all business schools internationally with graduate and undergraduate programs in business administration accredited by the AACSB International Board of Directors. The College of Education, Engineering and Professional Studies houses an undergraduate engineering program that was ranked in the nation's top 100 by U.S. News and World Report. CSU-Pueblo has an ever-changing campus landscape that features a newly renovated Library, a new general academic classroom building, and a newly renovated and expanded student center.
At CSU-Pueblo, Student Life offerings have increased significantly with the transition of the campus from a commuter environment to a more traditional collegiate experience. Competing at the NCAA Division II level, CSU-Pueblo is a member of the Rocky Mountain Athletic Conference and offers 22 varsity intercollegiate sports and also has active intramural and club sports teams that allow students to get involved in campus life.
About Pueblo, Colorado
The city of Pueblo is a historically and culturally rich, diverse city of more than 100,000, located in the southern part of the state along the Arkansas River near the Wet Mountains and the majestic Sangre de Cristo range. Pueblo enjoys ideal year round climate with four distinct mild seasons, crisp mountain air and 300+ days of sunshine per year. Pueblo attracts outdoor enthusiasts to a full slate of summer and winter recreational activities, encompassing water sports at Lake Pueblo, biking or running along Pueblo's beautiful river trail system, golfing, tennis, hiking or skiing in the mountains to the west. The region is heavily agricultural, with large and small-scale farming and ranching, and a diverse mix of service, manufacturing, and technology industries.
CSU-Pueblo is committed to providing a safe and productive learning and living community. To achieve that goal, we conduct background investigations for all final candidates being considered for employment. Background checks may include, but are not limited to, criminal history (felony and misdemeanor), national sex offender search, and/or motor vehicle history. Candidates who are extended an offer of employment must submit to and pass a background check prior to beginning employment. Some positions depending on the job duties may be required to complete a DMV and/or credit check.
All interested candidates must apply through the on-line application system. No other format of application materials will be accepted.
Applicants must attach the following documents, in order to be considered for this position:
- a letter of intent (cover letter);
- a current resume or CV;
- an unofficial transcript; and
- three professional references with contact information to the on-line application.
Applications submitted without the required attachments above will be considered incomplete and will not move forward in the selection process. Once submitted, applicants will not be able to make changes or add information to their application packet, with the exception of their personal contact and demographic information.
The University reserves the right to check additional references, with prior notification given to the candidate.
Note: The successful candidate must provide official transcripts of academic work completed and, under U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services regulations, be able to submit evidence of the ability to accept work in the U.S. by the day employment begins.
It is the policy of Colorado State University-Pueblo to provide reasonable accommodations for employees and applicants with disabilities. If you need accommodations, please contact the Human Resources at (719) 549-2441 or email@example.com.
In compliance with the Clery Act of 1990, the University's annual security report is available at: https://www.csupueblo.edu/campus-safety.
Colorado State University-Pueblo is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status. Additionally, the University complies with all other relevant, federal, state, and local laws regarding employment practices.