We are hiring a bilingual (Spanish/English), dynamic, and passionate leader, to be our Public Services Coordinator, specializing in Diversity and Inclusion! You will be a collaborator, continually developing and improving programming and outreach services to under served populations. If you are a proponent for providing equitable access to information and resources, then this may be the job for you!
- As part of the Diversity and Inclusion team, develop, coordinate and implement system-wide library services and outreach to Spanish speakers, people with disabilities, people experiencing homelessness, and people from diverse backgrounds of all ages.
- Provide a consistent quality customer experience in core library services on the phone, in person, and on the web.
- Hires, assigns, trains, orients, and supervises volunteers in area of responsibility, including coaching on industry best practices.
- Create and maintain a flexible environment for implementing new library services and trends.
- Be a library ambassador who maintains collaborations and relationships in the community through outreach.
- Coordinate system-wide services in core library functions and ensure quality assurance in the programs presented to patrons.
- Ensure equal access to all resources and materials, both physical and digital.
- Communicate expectations to staff about library service and trends in customer service.
- Be a model of best behavior practice for customer service.
- Implement industry best practices for merchandising, labeling, and promoting library resources as directed.
- Implement quality assurance methods in programs presented system-wide.
- Participate in cross-functional teams to accomplish goals and objectives and coordinates these teams in area of focus.
- Be a problem solver who anticipates and solves issues as non-routine situation arise.
- Applies input from community for creating and implementing system-services using established industry benchmarks.
- This position's office is located at the Arvada Library but daily work locations can be throughout Jefferson County.
- Complies with laws governing patron privacy and confidentiality under CRS24-90-119 and the Code of Ethics of the American Library Association, as well as, ADA governing public access to space and technology.
- Persons hired in this position must be able to perform all the essential tasks required by the position. The above statements are illustrative of the essential functions of the job and do not include other nonessential or peripheral duties that may be required. JCPL retains the right to modify or change the duties or essential and additional functions of the job at any time without notice.
- Bilingual speaking, reading and writing skills in English/Spanish is required.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and related work experience.
- Minimum of 2 years of Outreach Library Services experience.
- Experience working with Spanish speakers, people with disabilities, people experiencing homelessness, people from diverse backgrounds of all ages, and experience presenting to children and adults preferred.
- Public library work experience preferred.
- Intermediate reading, writing, and math skills.
- Computer and technology skills as appropriate for the position.
- Valid Colorado driver's license.
Additional Info & Requirements
- Must work days, some evenings and weekends, and holidays as required.
- Offer of employment contingent on criminal background check, education verification, motor vehicle record check and Spanish language fluency testing.
Jefferson County Public Library will always be here to connect you to the people, ideas and inspiration for whatever's next in life. Define your destination, and we'll help you get there. So you can always be learning. Always be creating. And always be discovering something new.
We help to build an educated and vibrant community by providing equal access to information and opportunities.
We will be the essential destination where all generations connect, discover, and create.
We serve with care; everyone is welcome here. We meet you where you are, give you our full attention, and strive to exceed your expectations.
Our core values are Innovation, Accountability, and Excellence.
Jefferson County Public Library offers great benefits: Generous paid time off and paid holidays, flexible schedules to assist in your work/life balance, various benefit and wellness opportunities helping you maintain a healthy lifestyle, a tuition reimbursement program and trainings for personal and professional growth. Learn more about Employee Benefits!
Watch a video about the Library's role in the community!
Human Resources / Job Listings