Provides community members, patrons and, staff with exceptional customer service and technical support in the Library Technology and Innovation (LTI) Division. Responsible for ensuring access and information to our public through maintaining the Library’s Public Access Network consisting of servers, PCs, network equipment (switches), virtualization, Windows Domain Management, Group Policy, SAAS solutions. DHCP, DNS, and Proxy Server.
The salary range for this position is $26.30- $39.47 per hour with a hiring range of $26.30 - $32.88, depending on qualifications and experience.
Position will close to applicants on: 3/13/2020 at 4:30 P.M. M.S.T.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Select, install, configure, maintain and operate computer, printer and network equipment connected to the Loveland Public Library’s (LPL) public computing network, including but not limited to creating and distributing WSM images in a windows domain environment, configure and maintain Linux based proxy filter, VMware server, Active Directory, group policy, and DHCP management, DNS and group policy.
- Coordinate with vendors for support and troubleshooting of complex multi-layered issues.
- Evaluate, recommend, implement and configure, products for internet, storage, virtualization, data backup, anti-virus, security, and other relevant technologies.
- Liaison with City I.T. and other departments to allocate tech resources for library needs.
- Update all Library computer hardware & software including Microsoft, Android, Apple products, and networking equipment.
- Assist in managing vendor contracts to maintain warranties and licenses.
- Create and maintain documentation for support processes.
- Define, create, and implement processes for the roll-out of new hardware and software.
- Ensure compliance to all computer software copyright and license regulations for all computer software on PC’s.
- Perform daily system administration tasks such as server backup, user account maintenance, performance monitoring, and tuning.
- Analyze and stay abreast of technology issues that may benefit the library’s fiscal and operational requirements.
Customer Computer Support Technician
- Perform hardware & software troubleshooting for library staff and public.
- Resolve hardware, software, and training problems for end users.
- Install, and troubleshoot hardware and software to support the library.
- Maintain and manage 3D printers.
- Provide customer service throughout the library with various technology such as PCs, Macs, cell phones, tablets, laptops and any other technology as required.
- Provides technical support to library staff.
- Maintains and creates web-based tools for staff to enhance service level and organizational efficiencies.
Library Technology and Innovation Customer Service Desk
- Assists library users of all ages to select and locate media resources, demonstrate use of library equipment and technology including cameras, phones, scanners, public access computers, software and the internet.
- Works the public service computer lab desk as needed (averaging 5 hours per week)
- Performs research and retrieval of information/materials in response to customer technology questions.
- Schedule and monitor use of maker space, computer lab and classroom.
- Explain and interpret policies and procedures to the public.
- As required, prepare & teach public computer courses on basic computer skills, Internet, Word, Excel, Library Technology and systems.
OTHER JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Maintain usage statistics and prepares end of month report.
- Assist with special events, organizing files, serving on City and/or library committees, opening and closing department.
- Assist with general budget planning for the LTI division.
- Complete both short and long term projects as assigned.
- Position works at least one customer/public service desk shift a week in the Computer Lab.
- Must be able to do at least one closing shift a week (8pm)
- Weekends may be required depending on project
May supervise volunteers, or interns.
Knowledge, skills & abilities:
Excellent technology skills, oral and written communication skills. Exceptional customer service skills required.. Ability to work independently or in a group, complete tasks on time and constructively problem solve. Ability to establish warm, customer service-oriented relationships with customers of all ages. Ability to establish and maintain harmonious working relationships with fellow employees. Ability to perform job duties effectively during relaxed or stressed activity level within the department. Knowledge of modern office practices, procedures and equipment. Ability to learn new tasks and skills on the job as a team or individually. Solid foundation of the MS Office Suite, Internet Browsers, networking, virtualization, hardware and software troubleshooting. Ability to maintain, configure and troubleshoot MacOS. Proficient in Windows server administration, Windows Active Directory, imaging, DNS, DHCP, KMS and group policy management. Overall understanding of and willingness to learn a wide range of technology, computer systems, and computer peripherals a necessary attribute. Familiarity with PHP preferred.
Accountability, Collaboration, Service& courtesy and kindness, Innovation, Integrity, Safety
Job specific competencies:
Time management, Computer and Software Proficiency, Community relations, Job knowledge
With over 300 days of sunshine, its proximity to Rocky Mountain National Park, its endless outdoor recreation options and a thriving arts, brewery, foodie and shopping scene, Loveland has consistently been ranked as one of the top places to live, work and raise a family in the U.S.. Featured by USA Today in 2017 as one of the Most Idyllic Picturesque towns in America, the rest of the world is figuring out what we have known for quite some time… Loveland, Colorado has EVERYTHING YOU LOVE! ~ Love What You Do, Land With Us!
Benefits Package Includes:
- Wellness Clinic
- Medical Leave
- Wellness Program
- City of Loveland University
External Job Ad
To Apply Visit: http://www.cityofloveland.org/