The Barrington Public Library seeks a unique individual to fill the position of Technology/Audio Visual Coordinator. The successful candidate will have a high technical aptitude and an understanding of the important role technology plays in public libraries.
- Maintains current equipment and makes recommendations on upgrades, repairs, replacements, retention, and adoption of new technologies based on equipment life cycles, usage, user needs, and industry trends.
- Provides computer and related technology and troubleshooting assistance to library staff in each department.
- Collaborates with staff to evaluate and set up the required technology for public programs.
- Maintains all A-V and display equipment, and keeps A-V devices in good repair and functioning properly.
- Maintains digital phone system and administrates webmail for the Library.
- Assists in the annual review and revision of the Library's 5-year Plan, keeping the Director and Professional Librarians abreast of emerging technologies.
- Works with the Director and Department Heads to prepare and manage an annual technology budget including the development, coordination, and preparation of proposals (including grant writing) for funding technology related projects.
- Attends professional meetings and workshops.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Reports to Library Director, attends department head and general staff meetings, and occasionally Trustee meetings.
Bachelor's Degree with emphasis in technology/computer related fields, or demonstrated ability to perform the responsibilities of the position as evidenced by course work and job experience.
A working knowledge of computer systems and networks and strong skills in adapting computer programs to library needs.
Knowledge of library technology needs, such as PC Reservation, Deep Freeze, and LPT One, and experience in a library setting is strongly desired.
Must enjoy working as part of a team and is comfortable interacting with the public.
Additional Info & Requirements
Duties may require occasional evening and weekend hours.
The Barrington Public Library serves a population of a little over 16,000 in the beautiful coastal town of Barrington, Rhode Island. Barrington has a reputation for being committed to the excellence of its public schools and other public services, including its library. Barrington Public Library has the highest per capita use (on the mainland) and support of its public library in the state. It is one of the leading libraries in the state for circulation, public programming, and collection development.
Candidates may submit a cover letter and resume via email to Library Director, Kristen Chin at email@example.com. Subject: Tech Coordinator Position