The Teton County Library provides a high level of library service to the 23,000 residents of Teton County. It also embraces its role as the ultimate community center and welcomes anyone who comes to the area for vacation or work.
The successful candidate will be a leader who can inspire staff, encourage teamwork, and be open to new ideas. This individual should be visionary, aware of the needs of the communities served by the library but also willing to take the next steps to ensure that the library continues to remain vibrant and a leader in public library services.
The right Director will be a consensus builder who understands that the Board of Trustees, library staff and community members all have roles in making their library both relevant and irreplaceable. Great libraries, with great directors, keep evolving. Teton County Library is looking for greatness!
Additional Info & Requirements
Qualifications and Requirements
- An understanding of current and emerging trends in library operations including customer service, technology and programming
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to inspire the staff, board and community
- Intellectual curiosity and openness to new ideas, coupled with good business sense
- A passion for librarianship with a clear vision of the future
Additional Qualifications and Requirements
- Experience in a high-level leadership role with a public library or not-for-profit organization
- Master of Library Science degree from an ALA accredited school is preferred but not required. MLS or equivalent education is required.
Teton County, Wyoming is a premier tourist destination, renowned for its astonishing variety of recreational activities, cultural events, and breathtaking scenery. As the southern gateway to Yellowstone and Grand Teton National Parks, this thriving mountain community is a place like no other.
External Job Ad
To apply for this position, please submit a cover letter, current resume, and three professional references using the contact information below. Please include your last name in the title of any attached files and "Teton County" in the subject line of your email.
Questions? We welcome and encourage inquiries.
John Keister & Associates
We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunities, and will not discriminate against any candidate because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.