Objective: The DCL Day Camp Assistant serves as a library liaison at all DCL Day Camp Events throughout Douglas County, interacting with the Day Camp instructors, vendors, parents and children. This position facilitates the day-to-day execution of successful camp experiences and activities with a focus on safety, development, and skill achievement. This role will provide quality educational and recreational experiences where kids can learn, play, and explore with plenty of hands-on activities.
Douglas County Libraries Brand, Culture and Values: It is an expectation of each employee that you will live and exemplify Douglas County Libraries, Brand, Culture and Values.
Position Specific Competencies:
- Problem Solving: Uses rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions; probes all fruitful sources for answers; can see hidden problems; is excellent at honest analysis; looks beyond the obvious and doesn’t stop at the first answers.
- Compassion: Genuinely cares about people; is concerned about their work and non-work problems; is available and ready to help; is sympathetic to the plight of others not as fortunate; demonstrates real empathy with the joys and pains of others.
- Informing: Provides the information people need to know to do their jobs and to feel good about being a member of a team, unit, and or the organization; provides individuals information so that they can make accurate decisions; is timely with information.
Essential Duties and Accountabilities:
Day Camp Facilitator:
· Consistently deliver a premium day camp experience to all participants and parents at each camp, thereby satisfying the core values and brand standards of Douglas County Libraries.
· Offer enriching, challenging, and satisfying day camp experiences for all campers.
· Treating all children and parents with respect, honesty, kindness and good-will.
· Effectively manage behavioral and cultural differences in children and parents, and effectively address concerns and allergens.
· Timely set up and clean up daily camp activities.
· Assist in the supervision and safety of campers within activities and throughout the day camp experience.
· Enthusiastically participate and be an active part of all camp activities.
· Serve as a role model to campers and staff by exhibiting a positive attitude and good sportsmanship.
· Maintain a positive working relationship with all DCL staff at every location.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
· Provide feedback and frequent communication to camp instructor and supervisors.
· Coordinate day camp registration and sign-in process at each camp.
· Compose weekly camp summary and deliver on-time to supervisors.
· Adherence to Camp DCL policies and procedures.
· Fluency in MS Office and other industry related software. Ability to learn new software packages quickly and with a high degree of accuracy.
· Moderate of financial acumen for the purposes of budget creation and management. High degree of understanding of the relationship between expenses, business planning, and execution.
Required Experience and Qualifications: Must be 18+ yrs of age. Must have strong desire and enthusiasm to work with children. Colorado Driver’s License is preferred. Must have reliable transportation to all DCL locations throughout Douglas County. Previous camp, educational, or day care experience preferred.
Physical Requirements: Access and transport materials up to 40 pounds. Must be able to sit, squat, run, skip, and play with children of all ages.