Objective: The Seasonal Special Events Assistant is responsible for set up and successful execution of events at Douglas County Libraries and represents DCL at community outreach opportunities. This customer service role works closely with the Special Events Team to create premium experiences for all attendees. This position will be instrumental at seasonal events throughout the year, especially summer and winter activities.
Douglas County Libraries Brand, Culture and Values: It is an expectation of each employee that you will live and exemplify Douglas County Libraries, Brand, Culture and Values.
Position Specific Competencies:
- Approachability: Is easy to approach and talk to; spends the extra effort to put others at ease; can be warm, pleasant, and gracious; is sensitive to and patient with the interpersonal anxieties of others; builds report well; is a good listener; is an early knower, getting informal and incomplete information in time to do something about it.
- Problem Solving: Uses rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions; probes all fruitful sources for answers; can see hidden problems; is excellent at honest analysis; looks beyond the obvious and doesn’t stop at the first answers.
- Productive Work Habits: The extent to which overall work style is effective and productive in terms of time management, setting objectives and priorities, and following up on commitments across a variety of work challenges.
Essential Duties and Accountabilities:
· Acts as an ambassador for DCL at all special and community events, representing core values and providing a premium experience for all attendees.
· Maximizes exposure opportunity and attendance at all events, whether at DCL or in the Community.
· Responsible for timely event set-up, registration, and clean-up.
· Uses effective, outgoing, presentation skills at community and DCL events.
· Executes a seamless event from start to finish.
· Maintains excellent interpersonal relationships using positive communication skills with all vendors, DCL staff, and volunteers.
· Events may take place during day, evening or weekend hours.
· Positively engages with community leaders and members at all off-site events.
· Creates interest and is knowledgeable about all DCL events and services, thereby increasing attendance and participation at special events.
· Data entry.
· Marketing collateral assembly.
· Develop registration pieces for easy on-site completion.
· Provide feedback and frequent communication to and supervisors.
· Adherence to Camp DCL policies and procedures.
· Other duties as assigned.
· Fluency in MS Office and other industry related software. Ability to learn new software packages quickly and with a high degree of accuracy.
Required Experience and Qualifications: Must be 18+ yrs of age. Colorado Driver’s License is preferred. Must have reliable transportation to all DCL locations throughout Douglas County. Previous special event and/or customer service experience preferred.
Physical Requirements: Must have the physical ability, stamina, mobility and manual dexterity to support a 7-day a week operation. Work at computer stations for extended periods. Access and transport materials up to 40 pounds. Participate in meetings and events at various locations and at varied times throughout the day. Ability to read as small as 8pt font.