Jefferson County Public Library
We are hiring an organized and customer focused individual to contribute to our Adult Services team. In this temporary position, your coordination and communication skills will ensure our services reach those that need it. If you're ready to support our Adult Outreach goals, then this job may be for you!
This position is temporary through 2020 with approximately 20 hours per week and is located at our Standley Lake Library.
The Standley Lake Library, a suburban library at the northern end of Jefferson County in Arvada, is our first library offering an Outdoor Adventure Space to encourage unstructured outdoor play.
- Perform clerical tasks including the creation, completion, and quality control of online forms, calendars, and records.
- Utilize a computerized data entry system to develop, store, and retrieve a variety of information.
- Provide exceptional customer service via email and phone to library staff and patrons. and provide support for library programs and activities.
- Handle and schedule library resources to facilitate the movement of equipment and materials throughout the system.
Additional Info & Requirements
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- One year of related experience preferred
- Offer of employment contingent on criminal history check and motor vehicle check.
- Must be able to work some evenings, minor holidays and weekends.
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- High level of customer service skills
- Intermediate reading, writing, and math skills
- Basic computer and technical skills, intermediate level preferred
- Ability to lift and move 10-25 pounds frequently and up to 50 pounds occasionally
Jefferson County Public Library will always be here to connect you to the people, ideas and inspiration for whatever's next in life. Define your destination, and we'll help you get there. So you can always be learning. Always be creating. And always be discovering something new.
We help to build an educated and vibrant community by providing equal access to information and opportunities.
We will be the essential destination where all generations connect, discover, and create.
We serve with care; everyone is welcome here. We meet you where you are, give you our full attention, and strive to exceed your expectations.
Our core values are Innovation, Accountability, and Excellence.
Human Resources / Job Listings