Manage the intake, arrangement, description, and preservation of archival materials in all formats documenting the history of Colorado College. This is a three-year limited term position supporting the gift-funded “History of Colorado College” project.
· Communicate the value and importance of archival preservation and access at Colorado College.
· Enrich the college’s archival collections, ensuring preservation of institutional history and heritage in all its dimensions – student, academic, administrative, and cultural.
· With the guidance of the Curator of Special Collections/Archivist, establish policies and priorities for archives and records management including acquisition of new materials, order of processing, and preservation priorities.
· Work with departments, offices, faculty, staff, students, alumni, and potential donors to identify collection needs and acquire materials.
· Survey campus departments and solicit a wide variety of administrative files and born-digital records for transfer to the archives; assist Colorado College departments in interpreting records retention schedules and ensure the timely transfer of records to the archives.
· Provide access to and ensure preservation of archival and manuscript materials through traditional and innovative means.
· Contribute to on the ongoing development, implementation, and management of a comprehensive, campus-wide, records management program in collaboration with the Policies and Procedures subgroup of the Data Governance Council.
· Supervise student or paraprofessional assistants.
External Job Ad