University of Colorado Law Library
University of Colorado Law School
The University of Colorado Law Library seeks an innovative, enthusiastic, and service-driven individual to fill the position of Technology and Web Services Librarian to help us in shaping services and collections for 21st century learners, educators, and scholars. The Technology and Web Services Librarian will assist in the development and maintenance of tools, systems, and applications that enhance researchers' ability to pursue new and innovative avenues for learning and study, using the Library's resources and expertise. More information, the complete position description and application instructions are available on the CU Job site. Preference will be given to those that apply by May 29, 2020.
Additional Info & Requirements
What you will need:
- Knowledge of content management principles and experience implementing a content management plan.
- Knowledge of industry best practices in web standards, web design, implementation, and management.
- Ability to communicate technical information in a clear and effective manner and to articulate innovative uses of technology. Ability to use Microsoft Office applications, including Excel, and to be able to train others in the use of those applications.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and problem-solving skills; creativity; flexibility and ability to work as a member of a team.
What we would like you to have:
- Familiarity with library metadata standards and best practices (MARC, Dublin Core, MODS, Linked Data).
- Experience with UNIX/Linux and Islandora.
- Bachelor's degree in computer sciences or related fields.
- Juris Doctorate degree or experience in legal environment.
- Experience working in a library and teaching.
The University of Colorado Law School’s William A. Wise Law Library is seeking an innovative, enthusiastic, and service-driven individual to fill the position of Technology and Web Services Librarian to help us in shaping services and collections for 21st century learners, educators, and scholars. The Law Library is a state-of-the-art modern library housing the largest collection of legal materials in Colorado. The Law Library supports the vision of the law school: A supportive and diverse community of scholars and students in a place that inspires vigorous pursuit of ideas, critical analysis, and civic engagement in order to advance the rule of law in an open, sustainable society.