We are hiring a bilingual preferred (Spanish/English), dynamic, and passionate Librarian, specializing in Diversity and Inclusion! With your high level of customer service skills, you will be referring resources for the community, performing community outreach, and continually developing and improving programming and outreach services to under-served populations. If you are a proponent for providing equitable access to information and resources, then this may be the job for you!
Hiring Range: $46,234 - $58,948
- As part of the Diversity and Inclusion team, participates with others in cross-functional teams to accomplish goals and objectives.
- Refers patrons to community resources and other appropriate resources for further information to Spanish speakers, people with disabilities, people experiencing homelessness, LGBTQIA+ community and people from diverse backgrounds of all ages.
- Provide a consistent quality customer experience in core library services on the phone, in person, and on the web.
- Develops and provides library instruction and patron education to the public, individually and in groups.
- Be a library ambassador who maintains collaborations and relationships in the community through outreach.
- Create content for website through social media, content management systems, and other means in this medium.
- Ensure equal access to all resources and materials, both physical and digital.
- Assists with evaluating, and maintaining the existing collection through recommending and weeding of materials.
- Be a model of best behavior practice for customer service.
- Be a problem solver who anticipates and solves issues as non-routine situation arise.
- This position's office is located at the Arvada Library but daily work locations can be throughout Jefferson County.
- Complies with laws governing patron privacy and confidentiality under CRS24-90-119 and the Code of Ethics of the American Library Association, as well as, ADA governing public access to space and technology.
- Persons hired in this position must be able to perform all the essential tasks required by the position. The above statements are illustrative of the essential functions of the job and do not include other nonessential or peripheral duties that may be required. JCPL retains the right to modify or change the duties or essential and additional functions of the job at any time without notice.
- Bilingual speaking, reading and writing skills in English/Spanish is strongly preferred.
- Master's degree or equivalent combination of education and related work experience.
- MLS/MLIS (may be in process) or combination of education and equivalent level library experience.
- Public library work experience preferred.
- Experience working with Spanish speakers, people with disabilities, LGBTQIA+ community, people experiencing homelessness, people from diverse backgrounds of all ages, and experience presenting to children and adults preferred.
- Intermediate reading, writing, and math skills.
- Computer and technology skills as appropriate for the position.
- Valid Colorado driver's license.
Additional Info & Requirements
- Must work days, some evenings and weekends, and holidays as required.
- Offer of employment contingent on criminal background check, education verification, motor vehicle record check and Spanish language fluency testing if bilingual.
Jefferson County Public Library will always be here to connect you to the people, ideas and inspiration for whatever's next in life. Define your destination, and we'll help you get there. So you can always be learning. Always be creating. And always be discovering something new.
We help to build an educated and vibrant community by providing equal access to information and opportunities.
We will be the essential destination where all generations connect, discover, and create.
We serve with care; everyone is welcome here. We meet you where you are, give you our full attention, and strive to exceed your expectations.
Our core values are Innovation, Accountability, and Excellence.
Jefferson County Public Library offers great benefits: Generous paid time off and paid holidays, flexible schedules to assist in your work/life balance, various benefit and wellness opportunities helping you maintain a healthy lifestyle, a tuition reimbursement program and trainings for personal and professional growth. Learn more about Employee Benefits!
Watch a video about the Library's role in the community!
Human Resources / Job Listings