The Director of Library & Learning Commons will work with the Associate Dean to provide leadership and direction for the Bristol Library and Learning Commons. Specifically, the Director will assist in the overall administration and day-to-day operation of the Bristol Library and Learning Commons in the Attleboro, New Bedford, and Taunton locations.
Additional Info & Requirements
- Minimum of Master's degree in Library Science.
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience in a library or learning commons leadership role.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office 365, including but not limited to Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including some nights and weekends.
- Reliable transportation in order to travel to and from meetings, trainings, or campus and community locations as required.
- The ability to work effectively with a diverse student body, faculty, and staff.
- Demonstrated leadership experience in a union environment.
- Proficiency with database software, such as Tutortrac.
- Demonstrated knowledge and consistent experience in using varied social media outlets on behalf of a business or organization that has proven to increase the digital footprint of the organization's brand.
- Robust understanding and demonstrated inclusion of access, equity and student success practices.
- Ability to speak a language in addition to English.
Join the Bristol community for work and life!
Bristol Community College (Bristol) is an exciting place to work, learn, and grow! Bristol is one of the largest employers in the region and is dedicated to fostering an inclusive environment with a rich diversity of beliefs, cultures, languages, abilities, and lifestyles. Committed to enriching its educational experience through a supportive community, Bristol actively encourages candidates of all backgrounds to apply and achieve our vision to change the world by changing lives, learner by learner. Our employees work collaboratively across the college to ensure the practice of shared governance and transparency in helping to move the college towards comprehensive, innovative solutions, and to empower and meet the needs of our always evolving Bristol community. If you share a passion for helping a diverse student body succeed and enjoy a fast-paced, inclusive, and gratifying work environment, Bristol is the employer for you!
As a Commonwealth of Massachusetts employer, Bristol offers benefited employees a comprehensive compensation and benefits package, including health, dental, life, long-term disability, retirement, flexible spending, and paid time off (vacation, personal, sick, and holiday pay). Tuition waiver discounts for Bristol and the Commonwealth's public higher education institutions are available for benefitted positions and certain non-benefited positions. Non-benefited positions are eligible for a retirement fund, paid time off (sick pay), as well as savings plans (available to all non-student employees). More information can be found on our Benefits website.
TO APPLY: Please complete our online application by clicking on the "Apply" button. The position will be open to applicants for 30 calendar days from the posting date.
REQUIREMENTS TO COMPLETE APPLICATION PROCESS:
1) A completed Bristol Community College Employment Application.
2) A current resume/curriculum vitae.
3) A cover letter that demonstrates how your skills and experience meet the desired and required qualifications of the position (not limited in length).
All candidates must have legal authorization to work in the United States. Bristol Community College is an institution that does not sponsor work authorization.
A pre-employment criminal background check will be conducted for all positions.