Segmint empowers financial institutions and financial technology providers to easily understand and leverage data, interact with customers, and measure results. Derived from billions of transactions, Segmint provides the fastest and most accurate customer insights through advanced data tagging, categorization, and contextualization. Our insights enable all functions of an organization to inform strategies including competitive analysis, risk, marketing, customer experience, and product innovation.
We are looking for a Taxonomist to join our Denver, CO team. The Taxonomist supports the day-to-day function of the Operations Team by classifying transactions into a taxonomy using rules-based query language. Taxonomists continually audit and update the taxonomy to grow with data sets and best serve our clients. A successful taxonomist has an eye for detail, a knack for research, and communicates issues or questions clearly with their team. As part of the Operations Team, the taxonomist works directly with the data, contextualizing it for better analysis.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Use in-house software to classify daily imports of bank transaction data.
- Create new query-rules.
- Identify new industries and businesses and add them to the taxonomy.
- Respond to update requests from other teams.
- Maintain ongoing statistics spreadsheet and notify stakeholders of milestones.
- Provide support for special projects (e.g. metadata creation & tagging, taxonomy structure audits)
- Monitor market trends and fill gaps in KLI coverage for new and upcoming businesses (especially e-commerce, personalized services, and gig economy sectors)
- Master of Library Science or similar
- Interest in and comfortable with learning the taxonomy tool and standard taxonomist duties (brand research, cluster/KLI creation, writing rules, detecting and correcting mistakes)
- Knowledge of classification, cataloging, and/or information systems
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel/Google Sheets
- Detail-oriented, keen researcher
- 2+ years in FinTech preferred, not required
- Time management, task prioritization
- Strong communication and listening skills
- Ability to sit at a computer screen for a full workday
Submit a resume and cover letter to the Segmint Careers website. Note: Due to the nature of Segmint’s business, it is necessary for all employees to sign an Intellectual Property Employee Agreement. Segmint Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and maintains a Drug-Free Workplace.