Literacy Volunteers of Kent County (LVKC) is seeking a Program Director to oversee the day-to-day operations of our adult literacy program. Housed in the Coventry Public Library, LVKC fights illiteracy in adults by training tutors to work one-on-one with both basic literacy and English Language Learners.
The Program Director oversees the office, matches tutors with students, supports these matches in various ways, and is the public face of LVKC. This individual reports to a Board of Directors and the Coventry Public Library director.
Additional Info & Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree and experience in education, non-profit management, or a related field preferred.
- Must have excellent communication skills, both written and oral, ability to use social media and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Must have excellent organizational skills and attention to detail and be able to interact with a variety of different people.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Includes some evening hours.
- 19 hours weekly with a salary range of $17.50-18.50 per hour, dependent on experience and education.
- No benefits.
- Position will remain open until filled, with preference going to those resumes received on or before August 1.
Human Resources / Job Listings
If interested, please send resume and three professional references to email@example.com.