Operates in a diverse environment to help fulfill the Library’s mission by providing specialized subject matter expertise and participating in targeted activities for the strategically identified area of business.
- Establishes and maintains district-wide partnerships with local organizations serving the strategic focus; serves on boards and committees as the PPLD representative.
- Represents the Library at community events, speaking engagements, programs, and area expos; creates engaging displays to promote strategic services in the community.
- Proposes, plans, and implements topical programming at library locations and throughout the community.
- Provides expert level assistance and information about their specialized service area; assists customers with an advanced level of assistance in finding materials or online information, technology support, and community resources. Responds to district-wide requests for assistance from staff and customers.
- Provides support for library staff when working with customers in the defined strategic populations; meets with staff regularly to determine evolving needs and interests, makes suggestions for promotion and programming, and provides training.
- Provides excellent customer service and maintains a courteous, positive image of the Library; maintains confidentiality in all customer and staff interactions; models exemplary customer service behaviors for library staff.
- Recommends and manages the strategic program budget.
- Compiles and reports usage and program statistics for the Library District; may provide administrative oversight for grant implementation and reporting.
- Evaluates the level and quality of the assigned strategic service at each PPLD location and district-wide; makes recommendations for materials in all formats, equipment, and policy changes.
- Provides work direction for assigned projects; provides guidance and training to other staff.
- May act as person-in-charge as assigned; assumes responsibility for safe and effective operation of the library; ensures that security and safety reports are completed accurately and submitted as required.
- Provides specialized subject matter expertise in strategic area for customers as they visit the library, call on the telephone, or communicate in a virtual environment.
Additional Info & Requirements